Cost control and profitability

Hello,

i´m using dolibarr about 6 months and after that time, I think there is missing a power functionality for control of costs and profitability on documents.

I imagine when I´m making an estimate or budget:

When a product exists in the D.B., as it must have a buying price, when i attach this product in a document with any selling price, (automatic o manual price), would be great if Dolibarr calculates the global profitability on that budget.

When a product doesnt exists and I don´t want to create it, (as only will be used one or few time), a new field together to “Unit Price Sales”, where I can introduce my buying unit price could have the same effect.

If anyone know any existent module for this function, I will be thankfully of commenting here.

Regards

hello,

It seems to me that there is a “margin” module embedded in 3.3.x

Give it a try… it should make at least patially what you want

Rgds.

Thank you very much humphrey

for the quick and good info!!! Really good answer

I´m working with 3.2.2 and didn´t read this new function on 3.3, will try that update.

i confirm that the new margin module should satisfy your needs.
try it better on 3.3.2 since there are bug fixes in this release.

I update to 3.3.2 and is exactly what I want.

Thank you

humphrey wrote:

It seems like the margin module has disappeared in 3.5???
Please can anybody confirm please??

the margin module is still available in 3.5 (in accounting menus).

note that they are now user permissions management on this module, so maybe, it is why you can"t see it.

Thank you so much for your quick and accurate answer!!

I´m the dolibarr admin but also the only user in the system, with the new update the permission change result in the module disappear, but with your answer everithing is ok again.

Thank you