Customer selection in POS terminal

Hi,

I am using the built-in POS terminal of Dolibarr. Please how can I enable customer selection for each sale, such that when I click the New Sell Button I can pick from my list of customers the one I want to sell to without having to go to the Back Office and select the customer or re-logiin the POS with the customer as third party?

Thanks in advance!

The ability to select the customer during a sell would great to have.

we have multiple locations the would like to use the POS module. I deal, it would be great for an employee to login using credentials and location. Then, when a customer make a purchase, if existing customer, could be selected from a dropdown list; if not, create the customer.

I use the POS for quick sales where I am not concerned about capturing the customers’ details. I would create a “Walk-In” customer that I would use throughout. If I need to capture customer’s data, I fall back to the non-POS interface. Maybe that’s the intention of POS ?

Thanks lawrence for your response. I agree with your response; however, we have a few speciality boutiques and we capture customer info for each transactions. 95% of our customers are repeat customer The idea is that we want to have two pos terminals with scanner/receipt printer and when the sale associates login, that can only have access to POS module and would not have access to the other modules.

At the point of sale the retailer would calculate the amount owed by the customer and provide options for the customer to make payment.

pos terminal