problem to understand project permission

I think that I have understand how work the permission for the project… I can’t understand how the task work. It seems that all the users can see and edit all the task, even if is a task created in a contacts visibility project and the user is not in the contact list of the project.

is there something wrong in my settings?

Schermata_2012_11_19_alle_19.png

Schermata_2012_11_19_alle_19.png

The settings you have allows all user to view all projects…

Change your settings to the image I have and then the Customer can only view Projects they are associated with.

thank you for the answer,
but I need that the ‘project assigned contacts’ can edit the project and the task. The only problem is that he can edit also the other project tasks (where he is not involved)…

Then change to this…

If he can still after you change to this then IDK… are the other projects shared?

As your image indicates the user can “Read projects (also private i am not contact for)”

by having that checked the user can view all projects for every user… Uncheck that option and it should limit that user to only projects associated to his acount

i.dannati wrote:

thanks again, It’s work with the project but the contacts still can edit all the other task of the other project. It is strange, the user can’t see the project but he can see the associated task and also edit it. Is it normal?

hmm… Thats a tough one

Is it only 1 user or all users?

Did you set that user up as a admin?

Try limiting all permissions in all categories to read only and only with things they are contact for then go up from there…

It has to be a permission issue… However i don’t have any issues like this nor can I seem to duplicate them

the user is not admin and I can see the same ‘problem’ on the demo online here… see the attached image… I can select the task 24 ‘build’ and see It with the parent project, and of course demo user is not involved as a resource of those. From the task I can open even the project…
Can it be a bug?

thank you for your help.
Fabrizio.

Demo user with the online demo is given access to add, modify and delete just about everything. With the exception of module setups the demo user is no different than a typical admin user…

That being said… Client A should not be able to see tasks for Client B in your Dolibarr installation

It is a permission problem…

please review the attached pdf and change your permissions with a test user you create to these…

Once you have confirmed they work apply the same settings in global configuration so all your new clients have the same

Dolibarr___Permissions-20121122.pdf (333 KB)

For my setup using the attached settings no clients can see any other information for other clients

Pièces jointes :

Can you upload a image of your permissions for the Agenda module?

I think thats the route of all your troubles

i.dannati wrote:

My agenda module is off… maybe is here my problem…
:woohoo:

I try to switch on the agenda module and make some test…
thanks

ok, I have the same problem… but I found something strange with the permissions.

I’m logged in as admin and I create a new project (contacts project).
I add a new task to the project and assign user 1 to this task.

After that I try to log in with user 2 and in the project list I didn’t see the project but in the task list I can see the task of the project with the reference to the [b]user 3/b and the admin…

Is this a production environment or are you currently setting it up?

Would it be possible to create a temp admin user for me to go in and check out the permissions?

If thats ok (should only take me a couple hours to figure out)

email me the temp info at i.dannati@yahoo.com

I won’t change anything without your permission, i just want to verify the permissions

No worries if you don’t want me to - Just trying to help

is on a local server… do you have teamviewer?

Sorry for the delay…

I do have teamviewer (just downloaded)

please send me the Partner ID and credentials so I can log in