Customer privacy permissions

I have customers that cannot view each other or anything related to other customers (products, users, orders etc). It seems this kinda granular user permission sets are not available in Dolibarr

I would like to program this functionality myself and I could use few pointers on which files to modify. The way I see it it basically comes down to the SQL queries that return product and other data.

I already have “assortment” module installed that does this for orders, but all customers and products are still visible :unhappy:

Wait… So you want your customers to be able to see each other and their related account information within Dolibarr???

I believe you can fine tune these settings within the user permissions section of Dolibarr

Have you tried adjusting the user permissions?

Try This…

Login with super user permission…

Click Home (Top)
Click Users & Groups (Left Menu)
Click the user name you want to adjust
Click User permissions (Tab)

From there Dolibarr allows you to manually adjust everything that user has access to…

Once you figure out what access you want your customers to have you can change the Global permissions for each new user within Dolibarr as well…

But I believe for any existing customers you have to manually change the existing permissions

I want to have customers that can only view their own information (customer,product,order,shipment)

CustomerA has CustomerA_product1, CustomerA_product2

If an external contact for CustomerA logs in he can only see CustomerA and the 2 products that have been defined for CustomerA

If external contact for CustomerB logs in he doesn’t know that CustomerA exists at all.

Lets say I have posters made for CustomerA for their marketing campaign that starts 2 months from now. CustomerB can log in and view all of the CustomerA products and I will get sued to court…

Assortment module enables me to deny CustomerB from ordering CustomerA products, but CustomerB can still see all products for CustomerA

Oh I see…

As far as I know Customer A should only be able to see information pertaining to Customer A if the proper user permissions are used…

This applies to Their information, Orders, Shipments etc… However I don’t believe this applies to products…

Why do you want your customer to see the product? Is this so they can order that product directly through Dolibarr or so they can see what has already been ordered?

For me I don’t allow any customers to see Products or Services. By doing that they can still see what has been ordered and billed but they cannot see the price rules or price levels

I use Dolibarr for a small contracting company. My clients don’t need the ability to order directly through Dolibarr

Also Dolibarr was never intended to be a ecommerce solution but there are a few modules that will connect Dolibarr to some popular shopping carts

Maybe integrating a third party shopping cart might enable you to limit product types to specific customers

My problem is that customerA has ordered 100x productX and 2500x productY which I have made and I keep at my warehouse. I was going to use Dolibarr for customers to order stuff from my warehouse.

My problem is that CustomerB can view these products from CustomerA and that can’t happen. The products might be advertisment posters for a product that comes next year. CustomerB can’t even know I work for CustomerA

I bet I can achieve this my doing a new module that uses categories and SQL filters

I see…

Honestly I can’t believe this isn’t setup by default in Dolibarr… However your right doing a module should be fairly easy, I would believe simply setting up a new sql field for Third party ID and a few if statements to check for matching Id’s would do the trick

Have you thought about setting up an account on doliforge? I’m sure you could easily get a couple developers on board especially being as this functionality is something a lot of people need… Hell you might even make a few bucks in the end

Wellu did you find a nice way to do this? iam looking for a similar solution

Well the customer I was doing this for went with another solution and from another provider… I put my dolibarr project on hold for now.

The free Assortment plugin however is doing this customer separation using categories, but it only applies to Orders. Assortment enables you to define which customers can order which products. Even Assortment won’t hide other products, but I could use Assortment’s code as a base on how to do SQL filters

Just curious… What solution did they choose and why?