Unable To Set-Up A New Contract

I am unable to find ANY information on forums or anywhere else that explains how to set up a new Third Party Contract.

I simply wish to set up a contract with a customer that would like me to repeat a service x number of times per year for an agreed amount each time, and I dont really want to have to do a new proposal for each job every few weeks if the contract module will do this for me.

Clicking on the ‘New Contract’ link on the left menu simply provides a list of Third Parties and selecting one just takes me to the Third Party Card?

Is this module active/under development? OR, have I misunderstood the purpose of this module?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
:wink:

There are 2 ways…

If you are at the Third Party Contact Card click the Customer Tab up top.

This will now display Add Contract below…

Method 2…

From the Commercial tab click new contract on the left hand side.

When the list of third parties appears click on “Customer” to the right of the Third party Name… DO NOT CLICK THE THIRD PARTY NAME

By clicking the third party name Dolibarr will always regardless what screen your in bring you to the contact card for that third party. By clicking the Third party type field ie. Customer, Supplier etc… Dolibarr will direct you to the Customer/Supplier tab within that Third Party

Most Excellent :slight_smile: Thank you for your quick response - this has really helped and your advice should be added to the product wiki

Cheers
:slight_smile:

No worries :happy:

Glad I could help