Proforma not payable

Invoices started as Proforma cannot be payed.
I can generate a Proforma invoice, validate it (it gets the normal invoice ID), and enter the pay menu, but then the invoice is not listed. And the payment cannot be entered.

Here’s a suggestion: Any standard invoice in draft mode, could be handled as Proforma. Until validated.
This way you don’t need a dedicated selection when you start an invoice.
There could be only the usual: standard, rectificative, etc.
The only needed feature, is the email client for proformas.
So when you write an Invoice, you can email it first as a Proforma.
(Maybe with a Watermark -Proforma-)
Once the bill is paid, then you validate the invoice and send it by email.
It is now converted to a standard invoice, and you can enter the payment.
This way you dont’ need a whole new structure to follow Proformas.

Best regards,
Jordi

I have to apologize,
the proforma bill is still in development.
I couldn’t remember that I even activated the function after reading a tip in the forum.

One thing that would be good is,
sending draft invoices as proforma.
For that, the email function in the draft invoice would be perfect.
I use the watermark with the word “Proforma” in the drafts invoices.
Unfortunately there is no email function for them, so I have to print and send them separately with another email client.

Once the draft (proforma) is validated, then the standard bill is generated and sent by email. Wich is great.

So, in short, adding email function to the draft invoices menu would solve (my) proforma issues.

Keep the good work!
Jordi

Proforma invoice will not be implemented as a type of invoice. This was an error because (even if name say the opposite), a proforma invoice is NOT an invoice but must be an order with a label “invoice” instead of “order”.
Invoices is an accountancy term, but proforma invoice are not allowed to be counted as invoices by accountancy rules since it is just an order that must look like final invoice (and this is already the case with order templates)