- Written by eldy
Dolibarr ERP/CRM is a software package built by modules addition (you enable only features you need), to manage small or medium companies, freelancers or foundations. We can say Dolibarr is an ERP or CRM (or both depending on activated modules).
It's an OpenSource project base on a WAMP, MAMP or LAMP server (Apache, Mysql, PHP for all Operating Systems). Dolibarr differs from other ERP or CRM softwares (like OpenAguila, OpenBravo, OpenERP, Neogia, Compiere, etc) because everything was made to be more simple:
- Simple to install
- Simple to use
- Simple to develop
Note that Dolibarr is also available with auto-installers for users with no technical knowledges to install Dolibarr and all its prerequisites (Apache, Mysql, PHP) with just one package. Those packages are :
- DoliWamp, an auto-exe installer for Windows users.
- DoliMamp, an auto installer for Mac OS X users.
- DoliBuntu, an auto installer for Linux Ubuntu/Debian users.
For other OS, you must manually install the "standard version" and all its prerequisites.
This is a summary of main Dolibarr features...
- Products and services catalog
- Stock management
- Bank accounts management
- Customers, Suppliers or Prospects directory
- Contacts directory
- Commercial actions management
- Orders management with PDF generator
- Commercial proposals management with PDF generator
- Contracts management
- Invoices management with PDF generator
- Payments management
- Standing orders management
- Shipping management
- Support NPR VAT (for French DOM-TOM)
- Foundations members management
- Bookmarks management
- Point of Sale
- Donations management
- Data export tools
- LDAP connectivity
- A lot of other official or non official modules (AWStats, Bittorrent, Gravatar, Google, Webcalendar...)
- Multi-user, with several permissions levels for each feature.
- Several menu managers (can be used by internal users, as a back-office, with a particular menu, or by external users, as a front-office, with another menu and permissions).
- Very user friendly and easy to use.
- Several skins.
- Code is highly customizable (a lot of use of modules).
- Works with Mysql 3.1 or higher, experimental support for PostgreSql.
- Works with PHP 4.3 or higher.