Few questions from a new user

Hi everyone,

I recently started using Dolibarr for my start-up personal business and I’m hoping to be able to send some donation real soon. I’ve got a few questions and would appreciate to know if they can be done at current or future version.

1. Customer’s Order card (commande/fiche.php?id=XX):
    a. How can I always show product’s custom description, that is usually showed as tool-tip (when I mouse-over a product)?
    b. Is it possible to include a tiny thumb of the product’s picture in the order form?

2. Is there a setting to have “Customer’s orders” left menu always expanded when I click “COMMERCIAL” top menu? I tried to create some custom “ORDERS” link at top menu but I failed to make it show it expanded properly.

3. Would you suggest some module for detailed statistics? Order module’s statistics are nice, but it would be nice to have some additional ones, especially for customers (i.e how many customers I’ve got, orders per customer, highest order customer, etc).

Thanks!

For 1, you can set constant PRODUIT_DESC_IN_LIST to 1 into home - setup - other

For 2, this seems to be done by default with 3.3

For 3, you may find additionnal modules into www.dolistore.com

Hello Eldy,

I’d like to thank you for your response. Setting constant (PRODUIT_DESC_IN_LIST or PRODUCT_DESC_IN_LIST) didn’t work but I was able to find “Visualization of product descriptions in the forms (otherwise as popup tooltip)” at Home > Setup > Modules > Products > (Settings icon) which worked. I’ll also check for your suggestions for 2 & 3.

A new question came up:

1. I’m trying to use Stock module and I was wondering what’s the most appropriate method to track different sizes in products. For examples, t-shirt sizes (S, M, X, XL, XXL) so I can know how many small, medium t-shirts I’ve got. Do I have to add each size as separate product (they would be a lot) or there’s another way I’m missing?

Thanks again!

I’m still trying to find a solution about having multiple sizes in products’ stock but haven’t figured any solution. Any ideas from anyone who has succeeded it? Thanks!

Hello,
I have the same problem. I have size and color for my products. Is there a way to add characteristics on the product? Openining one product for each color/size is not an option because I have a lot of products.

You are a lot to have this problem, and Dolibarr unfortunately can’t, and surely won’t, give a solution :wink:

Sorry for you, and for me too !

HubZ wrote:

This problme could be named “stockable attributes” :happy:

You see, there is not much interest about it in the community…
I guess théy don’t have stocks… just “services”…
OR they have an internal solution not wanting to share
OR they just don’t need this and do it “the old way” with a pencil !

Good luck in your research, I’m speaking a lot about it in the french forum dolibarr.org