Cost centers

Hello,

I wonder why with this wonderful software that has advanced accounting module, why it lacks “cost centers” ?

It’s an important feature to ease costing and profit calculations.

can we see it in near future?

Would the accounting code fields not be the cost centres?

Hello Aljawaid,

I am not sure, but Accounting account number is fixed for one financial account.

While cost center is determined with every purchase order made.

I couldn’t find option to specify which costs (invoices) are related to which account , I need to specify that invoice ABC is related to account XYZ.
to be able to calculate costs of each cost center easily.

e.g. I have 3 cars , I create 3 cost centers for each car : CC_Car_1 , CC_Car_2 , CC_Car_3.

I want to add all invoices (income and outcome) related to car 1 to it’s account CC_Car_1…and so on.

thanks

Ah I see

I have used cost centres in the past for previous employers so I see what you mean.

This is how I would do it:
- Each bank account is one cost centre
- Pay invoices/part amounts into each bank account.
- Then the statements of the bank account will show which customer/supplier payment is linked.

Hope it helps.

Hello aljawaid,

If I used bank account I will lose ability to use normal accounting accounts, because dolibarr allow me to link only 1 account per transaction.

Example
if car_1 need fuel , Fuel invoice should be added to both : Fuel_expenses_account , and Car_1_cost_center ( 2 accounts)

Dolibarr does not give me 2 account linkage ability.

Do you suggest a work around?

Ah I see what you mean.

I was thinking…

Fuel invoice is paid by (account A 10.00) and (account B 20.00) total of 30.00
or
Fuel invoice is paid by (account A 30.00)

Would that not work for you?

In fact no,

the full amount of invoice is added twice.

Car_1 fuel invoice 100 USD, added to both :

1. Car_1 cost center : 100 USD
  2. Fuel_expenses_account : 100 USD

Anyway to do that?

I’m not sure but I think invoice categories would be a good possible solution for that

I do not think so, the problem is that I can’t add 1 invoice (fully) to 2 accounts.

Hi there, have you tried to manage it with Project option in Dolibarr? You may create a project for Car 1, another one for Car 2 and so on. When you are processing an expenses invoices for fuel for example for for Car 1 you may attached this invoice to the project of Car 1. Then if you have a customer that use this car and you are sending to this customer an invoice for the service then again this customer invoice can be attached to the same project (Car 1 for example) and so on. And when you go to this project and open the Overview tab you will see all expenses and incomes for the Car 1 and the profit of the project. At the same time it will allows you to use the Accounting module as you are using it at the moment.

1 Like

Hello nikolay86

That’s a good work around, that’s already what I did.

I used “projects” to combine all invoices of one business unit, that way I can calculate profit and loss of each business unit separately.

But I really hope that Dolibarr software developers can include “cost centers” in future versions, it’s very good software and has to have this feature.

Thanks