Recurring invoice for supplier

Hi
Since there is already recurring invoices for customers, there should be recurring invoices for suppliers.
Every month end I find myself cloning supplier invoices e.g. Rent, Internet, Insurance, e.t.c

It will make it much more efficient if this is done as a recurring supplier invoice

1 Like

I still find that this feature will be easy to add since there is a recurring invoice for customers.
I would like a recurring invoice which I think is important and useful. I find myself cloning 10-14 invoices every month and would love for this to be automated.
For e.g. Rent, Insurance, Telephone contract,

Hello, which version are you using?

I’m sure supplier invoices are meant to be for products/services. Personally, I would put rent/insurance etc under Expenses.

Version 8.0.0

Lets use security as an example. A supplier is providing the security service, sends me an invoice monthly and I can track the payment and VAT on the supplier page very nicely.
Every month I am cloning the previous invoice, now I end up doing this for 10 suppliers.

The fact that we have recurring invoices where you can even set the number of occurrences for customers, it should be easy to extend to suppliers.
Another option is to use the contracts and subscriptions module. At the moment it can only be used for customers. If we can allow contracts and subscriptions for suppliers and then using a template invoice and scheduled jobs this can also achieve this valuable feature.

This feature has been given a priority it seems. Don’t expect it before v9.0 though. Reference: Support supplier recurring invoice #9598

Brilliant, very happy that this has been considered for the next version.
Adding onto this the cash flow forecast will be very useful.

Every new version of Dolibarr I get super excited to see if the recurring vendor invoice/ billing will be implemented, and then I always get disapointed after upgrading. It would be such a useful tool with so many use cases.

Not only does it simplify a very laborous task, it will also be helpful in financial planning and cash flow forecasts.
On top of that, it is already being used for recurring customer invoices, so adding it to vendors shouldn’t require to much work.

Any news on this being implemented soon?

Hi,

you can up the github request : https://github.com/Dolibarr/dolibarr/issues/9598
Dolibarr code is made by Volunteers or by company that are raising funds to add functionalities.
If you want to “attract” some of them, need to communicate/explain more in detail, or contact company that could do it, obtain a price and try to raise enough money to do it.
Each year there is a raise of fund for accountancy module for exemple, if you find enough people interested, you can easily make it !

In other words : Need a bit of work from your side if you would like to see this implemented quickly

I thought that as a community user we were giving feedback for what could help in grow the product. The dolibarr organisation is stronger with an active community and will in turn give the developers and installers more features for their business. I have supported and purchased modules from the dolistore so it is not like I only expect things to get done.

How much would we have to raise in order to get this feature added, as I have seen request from 2012 on this topic.

Hi !
arround 800euros i guess.
You have to create a fundraising i can pay 100

I can pay 100 euros, Can someone create the fundraiser? We would already be 25% of the way

Hey guys,

I just just joined the forum after coming across this post and also seeking to see if this feature was built in…

I recently started using Dolibarr about 3 months ago to manage my accounts in a more professional manner and have been loving the ease of use and the auto-generation of invoices, etc.

In regards to this request, I am a software engineer by trade and would love to contribute to this cause of creating a “Recurring Invoice” functionality… I cannot contribute towards the fundraiser by means of financing such a feature, instead I would propose potentially building it (I’m already familiar with the structure of the system and recently started playing around with the development of a custom module; to determine outstanding invoice amounts as a widget)

For those interested please let me know so we can maybe start a thread or git repo so we can contribute our ideas of how such a feature should work.

P.S: Noticed the thread is old, however it got started over 3 years ago so wouldn’t be surprised if you guys are still interested?

Regards,

I am interested and would definitely pitch in with my time.
You could make a fork on GH and create a branch. Just post the link here and we can get this moving

I would be the happiest dolibarr user if this functionality gets added, especially since it was first mentioned back in 2017!
We only got as far as a feature request being opened :

Simplest use would be to repeat a supplier invoice monthly (e.gmonthly telephone bill).
Going a bit further into functionality you can extend to cash flow and monthly forecasts.
Big respect and thanks to whoever takes this up. There was even talk of creating a fundraiser, my 100 euros would still be applicable if required.

Good morning Gentleman,

Hoping both of you join and then we can have an easier flow of discussion there:

Thanks @cfoellmann, lets discuss a way forward and see what we reckon will be the easiest approach… Would also like you to join @aakhalwaya to share some ideas

The workspace is open to anyone looking to contribute whether or not it be code.

Regards,