Driver's logbook

Dolibarr has integrated a quite usable expense report.
Unfortunately, a driver’s logbook is missing. So you have to use for the driven kilometers an
external program and to transfer the mileage cumbersome in the expense report.

A standard module “driver’s logbook” (entries secured with block chain ") would not only be very helpful, but would also be recognized by the tax office.

Is it intended to include such a module?

Thank you, Franz

1 Like

I’m sure I saw something in the translation strings or somwhere about mileage in expense reports, but not sure.

The expense report (from v7) is only getting better and better but it certainly is missing features.

Will extrafields not be enough if you added them into expense reports?

I dont need a logbook but I am curious as to how you would present the information in expense reports. I mean, personally I would have each line as a trip with the trip details mentioned in the description of the report. Maybe I am wrong. Also, as your profile has no country information, I wouldn’t know which ‘tax office’ would recognise such a report. For example, the UK tax office is very strict and particular about what and how information is submitted to them.

There are however external modules for Dolibarr which manage vehicles and fleet which you may want to look at.

Sorry I have not provided any real answer.

hi aljawaid,

thank you for your reply. I’m from Austria and our tax authorities are crazy about the driver’s logbook.
According to the tax office, every subsequent change to the logbook must be documented and the completeness and correctness of the documentation must be guaranteed. In addition, the material accuracy must be able to be checked with reasonable effort, the guide of the logbook done in a closed form and the possibility of subsequent manipulation be excluded.
This means that with some few extra fields we can’t fulfill above requirements.

Unfortunatelly I have not discovered any external modules. Can you give me a hint ?

thks Franz

Hope these help…

https://www.dolistore.com/en/products-services-or-stock/811-DoliParcAuto—4-x----8-x-.html

https://www.dolistore.com/en/modules/895-Vehicle-Management-Module-of-a-company.html

Do you have a screenshot or pic of what a logbook should look like?

If it was me, I would create an extrafield ‘mileage’ and then they qty would be number of miles, and the cost would be amount per mile.

Also, I just learnt today that once the expense report is submitted,m it cannot be changed or undone/amended. Only cancelled or cloned. So basically no changes can be done to that report. It’s a slight issue for me (I need to create a new info notice in create mode to rmeind myself) but I think it will comply with your issue of it being ‘secured’

I think this already exists since v7! But was not logged here (but I have done it now): Other Setup > Expense Report

It seems there are two hidden constants:

1. [li]MAIN_USE_EXPENSE_IK
    This feature allows you to set index kilometers against a mileage index for different types of vehicles. (v7.0+)
    I THINK this is what you mean by a driver’s logbook? [/li]

[li]MAIN_USE_EXPENSE_RULE
    This feature allows you to set a variety of rules per user/group/all so they can only create reports within their limits. (v7.0+)
    [/li]

Hope this helps.