Create ticket on Email

Hi Team,

Now we have a ticket module in Dolibarr. But one feature should be developed for this module and that is. “Create ticket on Email”. Like, Suppose someone will send an email to support@dolibarr.com then a ticket will be created in system with a ticket number and all future email against that ticket will be merged with that ticket response.

Thanks and Best regards
Saikat Koley

It sounds great. A tip for you if you have time to work on it:

1. The administrator of the Dolibarr must be able to set in the settings of the module the imap parameters to connect to imap server of that email address.

2. With that info, a scheduled task (cronjobs) should query to imap server each X time the existance of new emails and read inside them (or in the subject) if there is mentioned the ID of the ticket, and in such a case then trigger the same functions that for add a ticket in the webform case.

If you ask me, the complicated part is to assure that the check done in step 2 cannot fail. Because if the user (or any of the servers, or email client software) modify the subject, then some answers to some tickets never will arrive.

1 Like

Sure i will try to do this. Actually i got this idea from OSTicket.