How to deal with back orders and run reports

Hello I am wondering how can I deal with back orders.
That means if someone orders 10 pieces of x, but there are only 3 left in stock. Than 7 pieces are the “back order”.
Can I put them into the system and run a report on them, so that I can see when I couldn’t deliver what customers wanted?

As far as I know, if you do a shipment you should be able to see what is still to be shipped. But I have no idea if you can get a report of that.

It’s more of a reporting problem, of course I can see outstanding shipment, but if the customer has to wait for two or more weeks, maybe he doesn’t want it any longer so I need to report on items I couldn’t ship.

Yeah, I understand, I think there is still a plenty of room to improve this functionality.

Hi. I have the same question, but the only differ is that I want to show how many products do I want to send now directly on invoice. Any ideas how to do it?

I think you just create an invoice of from the shipment. This will create the invoice with the shipped items only.

Yeah, but I’d like to have it like:
(for example, someone ordered 20 pieces of smth)

Delivered | Rest
15 | 5

iirc it is shown slightly different in a shipment, but there is no report unfortunately.

That’s bad. :unhappy:

Anyway, thank you for info.

Hello test24, Maxtea and Saxa,

I think there were some works on shimpents recently especially on ODT shipments, with vars added to calculate qty ordered, shipped and so remaining qty to ship…

It’s just about creating an opendocument own template and claculate this value, and when the value remaining to ship appears you put the shipment in your directory backorders, or you send it to the customer :wink:

Thanks for info. I’ll take a look on it.