Can I Send A Letter To A Prospect/Customer?

Does anybody know how I can create a letter to send to my Dolibarr prospects and customers. A lot of my prospects have not provided email addresses and there are good marketing reasons to send a traditional prospecting letter via the post. I’m guessing that I need to create a template to generate a pdf document to print and send, but wondered if there was a module I could purchase which already does this - or is it already built in and I’m missing it?. Other CRM’s have mass mailing facilities (not just email mailing). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :confused: Cheers

I believe I have actually worked out the solution to my own query, and if anyone is interested, here are the steps to generate your own personalised letters to prospects or any third party for that matter (there are 8 steps, and they have worked for me):-

1. You need to locate your ODT* template for third parties - mine is located in C:/dolibarr/dolibarr_documents/doctemplates/thirdparties/ and the file you need to locate is called: template_thirdparty.odt. This template is a sample document containing TAGS for your Third Party’s data in Dolibarr e.g. customer address and post code etc.

2. Now copy the file and paste it into the same directory DONT OVERWRITE OR CHANGE THE ORIGINAL TEMPLATE CALLED template_thirdparty.odt

3. Rename YOUR COPY OF template_thirdparty.odt e.g. ‘mailshot_letter1’

4. Open your renamed file i.e.‘mailshot_letter1’ using either wordpad or a wordprocessor that will give you more editing capability e.g. ‘swriter’ from www.OpenOffice.org (free download) AND edit the sample letter to your own requirements. The sample data fields are known as TAGS …some of which you will need to use and others you will just need to delete the tags that are not required. E.g. you will most definately need to keep the third parties name and address tags in the document if your creating a mailshot letter.

5. Once you have finished editing, save the file (still in the same directory as in step 1. above).

6. Login to Dolibarr, and locate the ‘Third Party’ ‘Card’. Below the Third Party information, you will see a section called ‘Linked Files’- click on the drop down options next to the ‘Model’ prompt and you should see the file your have just edited listed here i.e. for this example ‘mailshot_letter1’.

7. Click on the ‘Generate’ button and Dolibarr will create an ODT formatted document automatically containing your edits and any of the third party tag information you selected during the editing stage at 4. above. i.e. you will have a letter or document personalised to the third party be it a supplier, prospect or customer.

8. Select (click on) the generated document and you should be prompted to open using a choice of programs - again use wordpad or swriter (better) and do any final editing and print.

You can now create as many personalised customer documents as you wish and simply chose from the Model dropdown.

NOTE* ODT is a universal document format that can be used with any office software suite. ODT and FODT are for word processing.

The above has worked fine for me and I hope it helps anyone else looking to send (not email) documents/letters which need to be personalised to prospects, suppliers and customers.
Cheers :happy:
Mike Richardson

Thank you very much for this quick and so clear tutorial.
Hope someone will have time to post it on the wiki :wink:

Tried to do this in Dolibarr 4.0 - but it seems this is no longer possible?

Where is the 3rd Party card ? I have made the new template and saved it but I am unable to locate the “Third Pary Card”.

Can you please help ?

I need exact steps to get there.

I am looking for this kind of options, so that I can send a PDF letter to the customer and vendor, but I am not able to find the Options mentioned in the 6th steps,

Can any one guide, still this steps are available in the Dolibarr, or Suggest any other steps from where I can achieve my goal.

HI … and thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, I’ve not used the Dolibarr database for nearly 10 years now, so I’m sure the functionality will have improved or changed since then. Sorry I can’t help any further, but you might find something on the video tutorials? : Video Tutorial Dolibarr