Recurring Billing

Hi,

I am running 5.0.1 and wanted to know if there was any way to create reminders or something so we can see monthly and yearly recurring billing. We have customers that we need to bill once a year, monthly, and at the time of services rendered. I was looking for a way to easily sort/filter to find the clients I have to bill for that month.

Thanks,
Stan

hi,

did you check the contract features? IF i recall correcly it can create draft invoice and those draft are showed in the home screen

br.

Hi,

I started playing with it but I can’t find any docs on how it works so I hadn’t been able to figure anything out yet. I was hoping the system would show me what clients I have to bill for that month or some kind of filter where I could go and see all clients that I have to bill for the month. Can you explain more or point me in a direction?

Thanks,
Stan

I am sorry, as I don’t use it I can’t help you with the details

but did you configure a CRON job for Dolibarr (something to be configure on dolibarr Host that is mandatory for recurent actions) ?

br.

Hi,

No I haven’t. are there some docs for that or any tips you can provide?

Thanks,
Stan

Hi,

it depend if you are using Linux or Windows.

for Linux the command is mention on the planned task module setup page ( by default in Dolibarr, bottom of the module page).
https://[…]/htdocs/cron/admin/cron.php
Br.

Hi,

Okay, I have that set up.

Is there a way to see in the backend invoices/contracts/subscriptions that are due for a particular month? I have clients that I may need to bill every month for 6 months and I may also have a client that I need to bill once a year.

Thanks for the help!
Stan

In case anyone else runs into trouble, to create recurring invoices go to Financial > New Invoice and create the invoice for the client as normal. Just as if you were going to bill them now for the service/item. Fill out the information as you normal do and click Create Draft. On the next page add the lines of service items you want to bill for. This will be what is billed each time the invoice is generated. After you are done adding items, instead of Validating click Convert into Template Invoice. On the following page you will be able to choose how frequent the item appears for billing as well as other items you can fill out. After you are done click Create and the recurring invoice will be created. You can see a list of recurring billing by going to Financial > List of Templates and you will see all the invoice you have created. On the last column on the right you will see Date Not reached Yet. When the billing date is reached this will say Create Invoice. You can then create the invoice to be sent for payment.

Good luck,
Stan

2 Likes