Do Sub Products work in version 5.0.3?

Does Sub Products work in version 5.0.3?
I’ve searched in the forums and I can see people talking about using Sub Products in previous versions but I cannot see how to use them in this current version.

What I’m trying to do is create one product that has any number of products underneath it so if a customer requests this product all the products underneath it are included as a bundle.

Is this still possible in 5.0.3, if yes how can I create these sub-products to make this work?

I’m still trying to resolve how to do this in Dolibarr.

I also started looking in the Dolistore and the closest I could find to do what I want is this:

https://www.dolistore.com/en/modules/317-ProductMixer.html

However the information is really ambiguous so I cannot be certain it could actually do what I’m trying to achieve, so there’s no way I’d buy a product without full disclosure of what it can and cannot do.

There must be other users of this forum who have faced the issue of bundling products, if yes how did you achieve this?

Ok I’m finally progressing a bit.

There is a feature called virtual products which can be enabled in the modules by clicking on the small icon to the right of the on/off button for the Product module, I clicked on that and I then enabled virtual products.
Then I get the extra ‘Virtual Products’ tab on each product card.

From what I have read I can achieve what I’m trying to do with this.

Hopefully I can get a positive result :happy:

Finally, I work out some of the basics of Dolibarr … and I REALLY like it :happy:

Ok, i first approached this with some false assumptions in my mind, especially about sub-products or virtual products.

Due to lack of documentation my assumptions led me down some incorrect paths, however I can see now how the basics of Dolibarr works.

What I didn’t know:

1. I am supposed to create main product and put it’s status as for sale and not for purchase
  2. I am supposed to create sub-products and put their status as not for sale and for purchase
  3. In the main product all the sub-products have to be selected as virtual products
  4. I can select just the main product in the Customer Invoice
  5. Even though all the virtual products do not appear in the customer order they are in fact listed under ‘shipments’
  6. All the main product and virtual products automatically deduct from the warehouse stock
  7. Dolibarr really surprised me by its simplicity and user friendly interface
  8. Dolibarr is excellent but its documentation could be a lot more helpful to newbies
  9. The Dolibarr forum is quiet and not as helpful as some other open source software forums
  10. Yup I’m not an expert in ERP or CRM, but if someone like me can work out how to use Dolibarr then anybody can :happy:

All in all I’m glad I stuck with my testing of Dolibarr and I will definitely recommend it to other people interested in a ERP/CRM

2 Likes

Hi
I am doing the same steps as suggested. But If I change the stock of virtual product the stock of physical product are getting changed. But the stock of sub products are not getting changed

I have posted this issue in: www.dolibarr.org/t/virtual-product-creation/16752/1

Please suggest if I am missing any configuration

Thanks

Hi

One more detail: My dolibarr version is 7.0.3

I found the same issue of you mentioned. Is there any solution that can make the sub product become negative number?

I didn’t find a solution yet

Hi @JimmyJazz, did you manage to print all sub-components of virtual products on your shipment sheet?
if yes, could you please help me as well?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Giampa,

I have been trying for months to print the sub-components of virtual products on the shipment sheet. I have tried on Dolibarr version 10.0.0 , but could not find it. Could you please tell me if you have sorted it out ? Thank you so much in advance.

Hi Jimmy,

I have tried for months to print the sub-products, but did not get it right. Could you please tell me if there is any way to print the sub-products of a virtual product on shipment sheets (on pdf files generated) ? I have seen the list of sub products under ‘shipments’. But I really need it printed on any of the pdf files generated. Thank you so much for sharing the knowledge.