SOLVED: How to handle "Returned Order" in Dolibarr

Hello Community

How do Dolibarr handle “returned” goods. If one customers rejects the product shipped , how to handle the situation? The “return” can be full or partial.

Arindam

Hi there,
we have exactly the same problem. Unfortunately Dolibarr isn’t developed that feature yet. Nevertheless i can tell you what are we doing when we have a return from a customer: we are preparing a Credit Note for that returned order and storing the amount as a feature discount (if the customer want to exchange the returned product and place a new order) or making a refund to the customer. The returned material we are putting in manually to the warehouse by entering in the product card and under Stock > Correct stock we are adjusting the quantity for that product. The product price field is not mandatory but it is good to fulfill it.

BR!

2 Likes

Hi nikolay86,

I like your answer to the problem. It is quite helpful.

This module was created to solve this issue: Product Returns. It deals with the customer side aswell as the supplier side.

1 Like

I’m using this module since the early beginning and it does everything I need it to do as well as all AXeL’s modules. I do highly recommend his modules as they are fully customer friendly products.

1 Like

That’s great to know… I had the module created to match the way the business actually works instead of making the business change its ways around the computer software. You might find the new Maintenance module useful too (released but still working on more features).

hello
for the module return product, is it compatible with dolibarr ver. 14.0.4? if not is there another module allow return for purchases and sales?

I cant see how this module is fixing our problem for customer returns. What we need is basically the inverse of a shipment to increase our stock of products and be able to track the tracking number, when , the status and the parent order. Also in case of a return the sales order if it closed should open again and in the shippments tab of the order low down where the list of shipment and receipts for this order should include both returns and shipments.
From my understanding since dolibarr V15 already supports reception it should allow a reception to be child of a sales order not only purchase order.

1 Like