Transfer from 3.7.0 to 5.0.1

Hi all,

I am very new to the dolibarr work and open source in general. However we have just recently setup on Dolibarr and I am confused as to why they selected doli 3.7.0 and not the latest version. Would anyone know what pros/cons the older version would have?

We work on browsers and a hosted server, not on site.

If we wanted to switch to a newer version of Doli, what would it entail and what would be the advantages?

Thank you :happy:

if you don’t find any errors and if it meets your retirements you can safely use older version ( assuming there is no known security issues).
Upgrade of dolibarr is very simple can you can do any time. using new version will give you extra features which has are developed at regularly.

Thanx for the info. I am finding bugs in the version that we are using with regards to barcodes and creating new users so I think that an update would be best. Do you know if the barcode module is supposed to auto-generate the barcode value and graphic itself in Dolibarr? I can’t really find a lot of info on it…

So I have figured out how to upload the files from the .zip file to my hosted server, but the /install URL is not letting me do an upgrade from 3.7.0 to 6.0.0.

Do know if I have to upgrade to 3.8.0 first or do a smaller step like to 4.0.0?

https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Installation_-_Upgrade#Upgrade_Dolibarr

Best regards

PS: Pls. avoid multiple postings. Stay within one thread.