Barcodes not generating as expected

When I create a new product, I select EAN13 from the barcode type and enter in a 13 digit value. I expect that upon clicking create that my image and barcode value entered would be shown in the product card.
However what happens is my value is replaced by an auto value and this value is not shown on the image generated barcode, the last digit is in correct. I tried to see if the different drop downs influence the barcode generated but they do not. I also can’t edit the barcode once generated, meaning I can edit the value but it reverts.

I am not a developer or programmer so do not know how the code was or is written. The screen shots that I have from the dev show the expected behaviour but since he has left it isn’t acting like that, I have since gone into his products in other DBs and the barcode values do not match the generated image.
I have no idea where this code lives in the server files or what I should check for or change, can someone help me please, I am sorry that I am a super n00b to all f this.

Someone has suggested to me that EAN12 barcodes are highly regulated and this is why Dolibarr is auto-generating the value even though we will only be using the codes from internal stock taking.

Hello

Nobody will be able to help you on this without screenshot examples and knowing what version you’re using.

On my v5.0.4, barcode values are shown and saved fine on EAN13 and Code39. I have EAN13 for products. I use Code39 for my price labels which match the product ref, which is what I use for internal stocktaking.

Hi,

Thanx for the answer. I have had some direct email email from a user now.

It would be useful for others t ask for the info needed in order to help, if they are wanting to help, especially when someone expresses being a n00b at this. I appreciate your input re your experiences, I have since upgraded to 6.0.3 and shall see how it goes from there :happy:

Check the settings of your Barcode modules Home->Setup->Modules/Applications->Barcodes And make sure you use “Internal Engine” for EAN13

i even i face same problem ,i added prodcut