Is there any module for accounting in Dolibar

Hi,
Is there any module for accounting in Dolibar ? I am using 3.9.3 version
please suggest me how to use basic accounting, importing char of account, opening balances, Ledger entry etc.

Thank you.

Regards,
Irfan

Irfan,
I suggest upgrading your Dolibarr, the version you have is too old! Newer versions have improved accounting modules

1 Like

Sir, can you please help me for upgrading dolibarr

Irfan,
See this link for upgrade:
Install or Upgrade
Basically you replace the files and overwite existing dolibarr files to upgrade. Make sure you backup documents folder. Since this is from ver 3 I suggest you do it sequentially from 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 otherwise then there are issues.

1 Like

Sir,
I have installed latest version now, how i can set chart of accounts and do accounting.

Hi irfanjabbar
I have the same question.
and i have used the instructions

STEP 1: Create or check content of your journal list from menu Financial-Accountancy-Setup-Accounting journals
STEP 2: Create a model of chart of account from menu Financial-Accountancy-Setup-Chart of accounts models
STEP 3: Create or check content of your chart of account from menu Financial-Accountancy-Setup-Chart of accounts

However, it is totally unclear how to manually create the chart of accounts or at least to add an accounting accounts to the chart of accounts model.
Please have a look at my topic on the forum www.dolibarr.org/t/questions-regarding-chart-of-accounts-and-reports/16321/1
If you have any ideas please let me know )
Further, I am not sure how to link accounting accounts to transactions forms.
Alternatively, I am working with QuickBooks now, and for example, if you create an invoice the system automatically creates such accounting transaction for an open Invoice as:
Debit Accounts Receivable and Credit Sales (Revenue)
and the sum of the transaction appears in P&L in revenue section and in Balance Sheet in Asset (A/R) section. + in all related journals and registers.
Also, as I understood there is no embedded financial reporting (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow).

1 Like

Hi Irfan,
Alex is right those are the instructions. The system doesn’t have an English Chart of accounts by default but see my tutorial on how to get an English COA:

English Chart of Accounts

Sorry the link

ariffidaali
Please could you help me?
May you know any other user manuals which are available besides those located here (for example, for Advanced accounting module)?
https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Module_Accounting_Advanced
Life cycle / Business rules contain extremely short description about the system customization and working with it.

Thank you

Thank you for the information.

Ariffidaali Sir,
I am following your steps, i am stuck on a step

STEP 3:
Copy and paste the following query making sure to Uncheck -> ‘Enable foreign key checks’ then click on Go button:
UPDATE llx_accounting_account SET fk_pcg_version = ‘ENG-BASE’ WHERE fk_pcg_version = ‘PCG99-BASE’

In myphpadmin, i cant see option to check foreign key

Pièces jointes :

Irfan,
I am copy pasting the solution here which I had covered before:
Have you tried searl08’s solution:
Because older phpmyadmin versions don’t have the Enable Foreign Key Checks box on the SQL tab, your Update SQL’s should be:

SET foreign_key_checks = 0;
UPDATE llx_accounting_account SET fk_pcg_version = ‘ENG-BASE’ WHERE fk_pcg_version = ‘PCG99-BASE’;
SET foreign_key_checks = 1;

SET foreign_key_checks = 0;
UPDATE llx_accounting_system SET pcg_version=‘ENG-BASE’,label = ‘The base accountancy plan in English’ WHERE pcg_version = ‘PCG99-BASE’;
SET foreign_key_checks = 1;

Just makes it easier for folks using older version of phpmyadmin.

If that doesn’t work try Alvin’s solution:
To make this work I had to select the [Edit] button at the bottom of the box that shows the statement.

I hope this helps others,

thanks!