How to change the name of a menu item

Hello friends:

I would like to change the name of the module Commercial (the name that appears on top in the menu) I have check the lang file but I do not find where should I change it. Maybe, I am doing it wrong and I have to look for other file, please, can you point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated.

Hi
You can use thé translate option.
We must find the key.
Maybe commercial
@+

I’m also interested in knowing how to do this… Anyone succeeded in modifying a main menu item name?

Hi,
To change the name of menu Commercial go to Home->Setup->Translation
You will see 3 fields. In the first one choose the language that you use (in my case it is en_GB - English (United Kingdom), in the middle field “key” type “Commercial” obviously without “” and in the last field write the replacement word e.g. Quotes or Proposals. It works, in the same way, to change any other word in Dolibarr. The only thing that changes is the “key” word. To find a “key” word go to the next tab “Search a translation key or string” and in “Current translation string” write the word you want to change then click search and you will see your “key” word.
Regards

2 Likes

Menu items can be changed from:
Home->Setup–>Menus
change menu manager to auguria then go to Menu editor tab to rename your menu

4 Likes

Wow Dolibarr is awesome… I initially went deep into the raw code to find the .lang files without knowing this could be done from GUI.

Thanks for the easier method. You guys rock!

But will this key replacement method also work for replacing the word “Dolibarr” without causing internal errors or issues? Or good to go too?

Look https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Setup_Other#List_of_known_hidden_options for rename “Dolibarr”
Lot of surprises !
@+

Yes, it worked. Thank you!

Yes i know, it worked for some items but not all… There are some still showing e.g in description areas.