NEW CUSTOM MENU

Hello all,

Please what’s the best way to go about creating my own menu with custom page and fields. I have tried going through the wiki in an attempt to do so but it didn’t work as it seems the documentation is outdated (not sure), I have also searched the module list to see if the Module Builder could be used for this purpose but it doesn’t seem to be activated yet in this version, maybe not yet stable? I’m currently on Dolibarr version D 7.0.1.

How do i go about this please?

Thanks in advance for any kind suggestions/tips/advice.

Dolibarr2018-04-1706-49-36.png

Now, I was able to activate the experimental module by setting MAIN_FEATURES_LEVEL to 2 (in Setup > Module > Other Setup)…

Let’s see how this goes.

I think to customise the menu you would need to play with auguria but I’m not sure as I’ve never played with it.

Thanks for the response, but what i’m referring to is a whole new menu on it’s own. Precisely i’m looking to list items with specific fields…

It seems for this purpose, module builder is the solution but the issue right now is that it is still in experimental and even when enabled the process is incomplete (as shown in image below).

Any ideas or workaround other than using the manual/alternative method? Also, if one decides to use the manual method, is the modulebuilder to be disabled and just follow the wiki here: https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Module_development#Create_your_module OR does one work by modifying the generated values in moduebuilder?

Trying not to break progress made so far…

Any help/advice would be appreciated

In this case, go to Home->Setup->Menus->Menu editor and add a new menu. I believe the Module Builder module is still in development so it is not ready yet.

Yes you are correct, no need for new module, what should be used is adding menu from the section you pointed. BUT the main issue here is the precise link (URL) to be used here. Do I create a duplicate .php file and copy contents and point to it? Or How?

Hello,

I was able to get the module running with left menu (list and new) but after trying to build class using:

php build_class_from_table.php tablename modulename

I get the error

php : Error: Failed to get description for table

I’ve disabled and re-enabled the module but error persist… Any ideas please?

BUMP

What you have to do is modify the file eldy.lib.php to add the menus you need in the pages you want to appear.