Custom Masks

Does anyone know if there is a “Mask” code for using “Projects”???

ie. CF{00000}-{project-number}

Our business revolves around projects and it would be much easier for us to have the project number attached to the counter for each project.

Yes,
Look at Configuration, Projects, Choose Universal (3rd line) and specify what you want.

I realized I didn’t explain in detail what I was attempting to do.

When creating a Supply (purchase) Order, I am trying to make a custom Mask where the initial number is the counter, but the extension is the project number/name. The notation says that {cccc} can be entered for the client code, but that doesn’t work in this scenario. Our primary Third Party Customer has many projects underneath them and I need our Supply Order to reflect the customer (which it currently does), but also the project number/name for the Supplier to have as the PO number.

ie. CF{00000}-{project-number/name}
CF{00000}-{00000-PARK}

I know how to make custom masks in projects as we have them already, I just need a way to use that information on the Supply Order so that it is referenced on the invoice that the Supplier sends to us.

Hello,
I don’t think that you need to add the information to the supply order itself. When you receive the invoice with the suplpy order reference, your are able to retrieve the supply order and then the project.
Perhaps you are able to add the project number after the order number. I don’t think it is useful to duplicate the information in the order number.

Yes, your point is valid from an office point of view, but…

As we are a multi-business setup (construction & wholesale) and they run independently of each other and we are using different software for each company at this time, I need the ability to have shared information. As information is needed for reference between several software databases, I need the ability to have Purchase Order numbers generated with a PROJECT JOB NAME as part of the generated Dolibarr sequenced number and the only option I have found is that Dolibarr will pull the Customer name only.

Reasons:

1. When product is received into the warehouse of off a truck, the packing list immediately tells us what project the product is for and can be immediately moved into a holding location (without needing to go to a computer for referencing). Sometimes this product is immediately loaded onto a outbound truck as it may be needed immediately.

2. This also allows us to cross reference hard copy paperwork for issues with deliveries and purchase orders against packing lists as we receive so many deliveries from Vendors that are incomplete or have back orders.

3. The project reference is used between both companies and our project managers for reference of material for our vendors and communication on back orders, emergencies and status. As many of our vendors also custom build product for our projects, they also reference built product by the project name.

((( I am hopeful to have a way to accomplish this as Dolibarr is a great program to use)))

Hello,

Your use case is good example for the new Dolibarr modulebuilder (for the moment still experimental).
This module generates a dolibarr custom module, where you can add additional objects, manipulate the input forms, modify list output and manipulate your submitted data.

For you the manipulation of submitted data can help, you could append your project number to the generated supplier order ref on order validation.
The data manipulation can be done into file yourmodule/core/trigger/interface_…Triggers.class.php. Another important file is (a bit more complicated to code) yourmodule/class/actions…class.php where you can manipulate you input forms (add buttons, popups, …).
If you know a local php developer, I’m sure (s)he can work something out.

1 Like

Hello,
Yes, your need is not in the standard core.
You have to customize your installation. There is different ways for that:
Triggers, already cited: https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Triggers
Canvas, https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Canvas_development “to replace screens to create, update or view a card”
Hooks https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Hooks_system “It allows developers to add custom code to Dolibarr core without the need to resort to patching”

And specially for you need :wink:
Numeration