SOLVED: Dolibarr mobile app - MyDoli

Hi,

Version of dolibarr : 8.0
I have downloaded dolibarr mobile app - MyDoli. It refuses to connect to my server. I have enabled SOAP/API module.

Can anybody help me to solve this.

Hello

If you got MyDoli from Dolistore then it is only compatible up to Dolibarr version 4.0.3 as mentioned at the bottom of the module page.

You might want to look into Dolidroid which works better and on v8.0 too. I think it only works with Android though.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I will check with Dolidroid . Since I am new to Dolibarr I have one more doubt. Is it needed to updrade our dolibarr erp to latest version everytime?
Currently I have installed Dolibarr 8.0 . Recently 8.0.1 version is released. Is it mandatory to upgrade everytime?

8.0 is a major release. 8.0.1 is a minor release to fix bugs and security issues.

It is always recommended to upgrade to the latest minor release within the major version you are using.

1 Like

If we have done some customization in ERP then while upgrading all the changes will be lost right. Can you suggest me a method to upgrade to latest version without loosing changes done(like changes done in invoice pdf etc).

Yes that is correct. You would need to make a note of any manual changes to the core.

1 Like

Hello,
You have always to test on a test instance duplication your production instance, before doing the same on production instance.
Modifications to the are not the recommended way. You have different ways, like modules, hooks, triggers to custom your dolibarr, to avoid that your customization are not overwritten by updates.

2 Likes

Hi,
I have tried to create hooks for customization of code. But while upgrade(from 8.0.0 to 8.0.2) the core page where i have written $hookmanager->executeHooks(…) is lost or overwritten.

I have created hook like below in htdocs/product/card.php :

$reshook=$hookmanager-\>executeHooks('addCustomText',$parameters,$object,$action); 
    print $hookmanager-\>resPrint;

In my custom module I have written addCustomText function.

I am not sure whether the way I have written hook is correct or not. But after upgrading to 8.0.2, executeHooks code written in card.php file is lost.
Please give me solution to solve this issue.