Setting up default accounts - Transfer/wait meanin

Greetings all
I am trying to set up Dolibarr 8.0.2 and would appreciate some help with some language meanings to ensure i set things up correctly for an Australian context. the two items I am unsure about are in the Accounting>Setup>default accounts section

Accounting account of wait
Accounting account of transfer

Accounting Account obviously relates to the account in Chart of Accounts however it is the purpose of the wait/transfer that has me confused (not a bookkeeper/Accountant) can anyone describe these for an Australian context. If it is any help to respondents I have set up my chart of accounts using the National Standard chart of accounts (NSCoA) even though i am not a charity as i thought it was a pretty comprehensive starting point.

Thanks
Andrew

Hello,
I don’t know the Australian context.

This account is for register payments that are not yet affected. For example you receive money or pay for which you don"t have already invoice.

For internal movements between bank account.

2 Likes

Thankyou. I thought it would be something along those lines and am glad you shared your knowledge.

Andrew

Hi,

Thx for your question re Accountingd》Default Accounts setups re “transfer/wait” accounts.

Are you now successfully using Dolibarr and are you still using the NSCoA Standard Chart of Accounts?

Hi,

Thanks for your answer re this. It’s helping me out now.

Btw. re “Accounting》Setup》Default Accounts”, any ideas re:

1. the default accounts to be used for:
ThirdParties Users
Accounting account used for user third parties?

and

1. how to modify the Chart of Accounts to deal with setting default accounts for EEC related default accounts when based out of the EEC? I.e.
Product

|Accounting account by default for the products sold and exported out of EEC (used if not defined in the product sheet)?

|Accounting account by default for the bought products and imported out of EEC (used if not defined in the product sheet)?

Service

|Accounting account by default for the services sold and exported out of EEC (used if not defined in the service sheet)||

|Accounting account by default for the bought services and imported out of EEC (used if not defined in the service sheet)|"

Btw. re “Accounting》Setup》Default Accounts”, any ideas re

1. the default accounts to be used for:
ThirdParties Users
Accounting account used for user third parties?

and

1. how to modify the Chart of Accounts to deal with setting default accounts for EEC related default accounts when based out of the EEC? I.e.
Product

|Accounting account by default for the products sold and exported out of EEC (used if not defined in the product sheet)?

|Accounting account by default for the bought products and imported out of EEC (used if not defined in the product sheet)?

Service

|Accounting account by default for the services sold and exported out of EEC (used if not defined in the service sheet)||

|Accounting account by default for the bought services and imported out of EEC (used if not defined in the service sheet)|"