Adding a variable to the lines on the order form

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to figure out how I can add a variable to a product line so that I can input different values when creating an order. For example, let’s say I make custom sized boxes. When creating an order, I would like to be able to set the dimensions of the box like below:

Description

PN101 - BOX
Custom sized box
Length: <input field>
Width: <input field>
Height: <input field>

I have tried various things but nothing allows me to dynamically input a value during order creation.

Thank you for your help!

Why not use?

Hi,

With Extrafields on order lines ?

I understood that only from time to time you’ll have to use a not-predefined product.

Especially fields for weight an size exist already on the product card. If you then produce a bespoke or customized products, why can’t you enter these products as variiants?

Dimensions are already part of the product card. I suppose you are using them already - and you want this data printed on customer orders etc.

Did you look into https://www.dolistore.com/en/modules/564-ProductsEasyAccess.html ?

Thanks for the reply!

Dimensions are just an example. Basically the value of the field is inserted until the order is created, such as shoe size for example.

I am not sure what Extrafields are? I searched Dolistore but couldn’t find it.

Since there are many different products, I am hoping to be able to allow these variables on specific products (ie when I actually create the product) instead of applying them to all products.

I hope this makes sense.

Extrafields is a core feature so not and aditional module (you could not find them in DOlistore)

Extrafields could be activated for all the product but not product by prodcut…

Oh, I know which feature it is.

Is there a way to hide the extra fields on a per product basis?