Website Tutorial needed

I am somehow very confused with the website module application. There are no real tutorials to find and the UI isn’t self explanatory enough to understand.
At this stage I only understand by trial and error that I can create pages in a mix of WYSIWG and sound knowledge of HTML and CSS + PHP.
It would be helpful to have more explanations on a) how to work with more dynamic website options and how to integrate other Dolibarr installations documents.
At this point for me the website module is unfortunately unusable because I feel like a dummy in front of this website UI without further tutorials.

1 Like

@ChoY,

Hope you are well.
I am exactly on the same point where you were three years ago.
I open the website module and the code and feel like a dummy and have been trying to locate any useful resource.
If you were successfully able to create a website, can you help us understand what steps and resources were useful?

Maybe some hints:

Forget the WYSIWYG editing for now, this seems to be unfinished. You will need to code each page with a combination of html and php sprinkled into it.

Have a look at the existing sample page. Look at some elements you like and want to use and then identify these parts in the code.

Some parts are just placeholders, but some have really useful sample content.

The css is overwhelming and huge. Use the inspection feature of the bowser while looking at interesting parts/pages to better understand how this is set up. Start with simple additions, if you want to modify or extend the css.

Initially build pages by just recombining some of the already existing blocks to get a feeling for how this behaves.

For more interesting php-programming, it’s important to have some knowledge about Dolibarr and how the data structures are set up.

This endeavour is nothing for someone who is just starting with html and css as the learning courve is somewhat steep.

1 Like

Hi,

We have finally been able to create the website based on the ERP.
Here is the link - www.ktindia.net
After the website was ready, we continued to improve it & enhance it to add a customer login workflow.

Building a front end for customers is something we believe to be critical. This allows us to scale our operations in a significantly better way.

@eldy @ksar & Dolibarr core team - Even though you guys have the website module, maybe making it main stream and easier might be something very important down the line. If I can contribute in anyway to that, let me know. I will share all our files for the website if you guys want it. If you check the website and believe it is worthwhile, then let me know.

2 Likes