Trying to Theme / Skin the login.tpl.php

Hello All,

I made a few changes/additions to the login screen of the dolibarr installation (10.0.3) by editing the file /core/tpl/login.tpl.php

They work fine but I’d like to make use an override in the theme. I use the Eldy theme and there is a similar tpl directory there “theme/eldy/tpl” but when I place the file there it’s ignored.

Is there a way to make such changes to the core files and apply them using override tpls in the theme folder? That way, any updates wont replace my changes. It’s common practice on various CMSes so I thought to ask,

Kinda wonder if there is someone to give me their insight into this. I’ve asked it years ago and still can’t figure a way to create a tpl override in dolibarr. I keep having to replace the core tpl files to make my customizations.

Are there any suggestions for that?

Hello,

To override a tpl file, you need to create and external module.

And to declare ;

'tpl' => 1,                                      	// Set this to 1 if module overwrite template dir (core/tpl)

in the

$this->module_parts = array(

Then you can put any tpl file on the directory : custom/myModule/core/tpl and as soon as the module is activated, it will replace the original tpl file.