Need to change the Thirdparty in Invoice

Hi,

I have created an invoice and I have validated it however, the thirdparty on whose details the invoice has been generated is wrong and I need to change it. How can i do it?

I have tried creating a clone of the invoice however when I try to validate it the invoice number generated is not the same as I have set up automatic increment numbering for my invoice.

Please advice how can I change the thirdparty

There are many ways to go about it:

1. Legal way, most of countries have legal requirements not to modify invoices once issued, instead issue credit note for wrong invoice. So in your case make a credit note for wrong customer and make correct invoice for right customer. Ofcourse you will have different numbers but it is correct legal procedure.
  2. Change Thirdparty for invoice from database and regenerate invoice.
  3. There is an other setup option " FACTURE_CHANGE_THIRDPARTY ► Allow to change the third party in the draft invoices. If a discount was set from the original thirdparty, then discount remain, making data not coherent
1 Like

I just checked option 3 functionality has been removed

Thanks for the reply. I actually did a quick google search before positing here so I know this method has been removed.

1] It wont be a legal issue because I use another software for maintaining accounts. Currently using Dolibarr to maintain records will probably sync both as an when Zapier feature is provided.
2] I can go and update the file in Database however I do not know which file to update. I located the Invoice folder which is inside the fracture folder. However in here only the invoice ODT file is stored so I am not sure if this is the right way to do it. The database change method would be different which I am unable to locate at the moment.

Any help on this would be appreciated.