Product Multicurrency

Dolibarr is a great product. But I cannot use it as we have many currencies for different products.

We want to set different currency for different products, say Euro, US Dollar. We set our main currency to HKD. How can we do this?

Hi jimhtwong, you can add currencies in http://yourdolibarr/htdocs/admin/multicurrency.php and then set up currencies for the suppliers/customers in their card but that will apply the currency only for the supplier/customer in orders/proposals but not for the specific product. I don’t think that the product multicurrency feature exist but I wish I’m wrong as I would need something like that as well because I purchase and sell products from/to many different countries and I always need to have a calculator with me when I check purchase price and compare it with English currency.
It would be nice to set the currency whilst adding product supplier/purchase price/product code

I don’t need this feature much but by habit (from previous employers) I stick to one rule:

The cost is always converted to the current official conversion rate of my base currency (GBP) at the time of purchasing/paying for the goods.

But multicurrency for product/service is necessary. Or you have to calculate/upload product pricing every time rate changes. You can think it’s a very tedious product as rate always changes.

1 Like