Dolibarr needs your feedback !

Dolibarr needs your feedback review !
We are still missing few feedbacks to have Dolibarr appearing in the G2Crowd ERP Grid https://www.g2crowd.com/categories/erp-systems
Please take time to post a review on https://www.g2crowd.com/products/dolibarr-erp-crm/reviews

Source : Twitter

3 Likes

I would love to leave feedback but I am sorry but dolibarr, even after version9.0 still having lots important modules as well as fixes missing to use and adapt in smooth working environment.

Also I have noticed there are literally no replies on some of the major issues posted in the forum.

My suggestion is developer team and community should work together and take this forum issues seriously to fix it. Or atleast suggest what users can do so fix their problem, if patch-up roll outs are issue.

I have few questions un-answered and surprised to see the issues are not fixed in newer versions.

Hope we all get serious about it and get mutual benefited together.
Thanks.

2 Likes

I agree with your conclusion.
While there is a lot of movement with code changes on Gihub, that is for developers, who are a small minority of Dolibarr users.
The vast majority of Dolibarr users should be using this forum, and I see little/no communication from the developers. While the community should be helping each other, there should be developer input when necessary, but usually it goes ignored.
Someone (on rotation) within the developer team should be tasked with overseeing this forum and at least commenting on “fixed in 10” or “yes it’s a bug” etc.
There seems a total disconnection between this forum/users and the developers. Maybe it is different in the french forum…?

Another issue is that if User A helps User B, User B does not bother to reply when their issue has been resolved, so user A does not bother wasting their time helping others in the future and so the forum becomes useless.
Without community involvement, open-source does not work, and that applies to coders and users alike.
People with experience must also contribute to the forum, not just come here looking for answers.

My feedback is
“stop adding unfinished/advanced features=more bugs and FIRST clear the 900 issues on Github”.

There are so many old/irrelevent issues that real bugs are lost in the list. I work with another open source project that only has 2000+ files (as opposed to Dolibarrs 15000+) and that has 35 “issues” of which 7 are possible bugs.
How many bugs has Dolibarr? Who knows? But 900 issues is not encouraging that the developers are taking notice…

2 Likes