"connection was reset" - installing on webserver

Hello, first of nice to meet you all as this is my first message.

Let’s see if anyone can help me. I’m installing dolibarr on a webserver with PHP - Mysql. I set up the database, user, password correctly.

But when I start installation, everything is going smoothly until I get to etape1.php when there is this info and a flashing message:

The problem here is that after about 10-20 seconds I get a “Connection was reset” message from my browser. I’ve tried Firefox, Opera and IE, but all do the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks !!!

Hi anyone please? :slight_smile:

What is your server config.
Is it a mutualized web hosting provider ?

Hi Eldy, I don’t know what a mutualized web hosting is… If you mean is it a shared server where I’m not the systems admin: Yes.

I know it’s running on Ubuntu.

MySQL : 5.1.62-0ubuntu0.10.04.1-log
PHP Version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.15

Do you need any other info?

(I have drupal, wordpress and a few others running without any problems on the same domain)

Thanks !

I think problem is into the timeout defined into php setup of the server. This timeout is enough for using dolibarr buyt too low for the install process.
Which version of dolibarr do you try to install ?
Can you ask admin to increase the timeout ?

Hi, I’m using the last stable versión. I think it’s 3.1.1.

I’m not sure if they’ll want to increase the time out… Any particular ‘time’ I should ask for?

Thanks.

Hi again, I talked to my hosting service and they say, for security reasons that the max. is 30 seconds and they won’t increase it…

Isn’t there a way of going directly to etape2.php?

What is the install application doing during that time anyway?

thanks !!

I have the same situation. Dolibarr installed on raspbery pi 3 . Debian 9 version.
Dolibarr 6 and 7 same situation

. waiting more then 40 minutes to go to next step. -> http://192.168.1.60/dolibarr/install/step2.php

I think problem is into the timeout defined into php setup of the server