Update failure in shared hosting environment

First of all, apologies if I do something wrong in this post: I’m not a web developer.

I’m running 6.0.5 in a shared hosting environment using Cpanel, etc.

I tried to update to 7.0.1 this morning and failed. The upgrade appeared to go normally, but afterwards I was unable to run the program because something failed in the filefunc.inc.php file causing it to think that the upgrade was not complete and forcing me into an eternal loop back to the install directory.

I fooled around with it enough to track down the error that far, then I rolled it all back to my previous backup.l

I’m running 6.0.5 in a shared hosting environment using Cpanel,I tried to update to 7.0.2 but it fail how can I update this? if you have any idea please share with me https://babasupport.org/browser/safari-customer-service/176

Hello
What is the error message ?
Are you upload thé file again ?
@+

Thé PHP version ?

PHP is version 5.6.30
And yes, I tried uploading/unpacking multiple times. Everything goes fine, but apparently the test to determine if the install is complete fails and all attempts to run the application are redirected to the install directory

Hi scherle. Do you have any screenshots of the error message or anything else that will help us to understand what kind of error you are facing?

I don’t, and I am traveling right now, but when I get back I can attempt it again and get you more detail.

Basically, there were no errors and everything completed normally, but when I tried to run the app, the filefunctions include failed to detect that the installation was completed and it rewrote my url to the installation directory.

Make sense?

OK, I did it again.
Everything completes normally with: “Dolibarr has been upgraded successfully.”

Pressing the “Go to Dolibarr…” link takes me back to: “/install/check.php?testget=ok”

As does attempting to log is using my regular links

This morning I also tried updating to 6.0.6.
Same result.

Have you added the user details whilst doing the upgrade?

Hi. Thanks for your interest.

Not sure that I understand your question. Can you be more specific?

I don’t recall it asking for any user details. I gave it everything it asked for. I would think that if I skipped something it would give me an error, right?

just wondering - have you delete the install dir after updating?

run the fresh install instead of upgrade and make sure you fill in all the necessary fields.

No, I did not. Should I?

What about my existing data?

Removing the install directory just resulted in a “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS”
Thank you

if you deleted the install directory (which you don’t need to do) just upload all the files once again and once you are on the install page instead of upgrade choose the first option “fresh install” and that should let you access the Dolibarr login page.

OK, found the problem. User error (you were warned; I don’t know what I am doing.)
I was copying the entire new release into the existing program directory. Apparently I was just supposed to copy the /htdocs directory. Duh!

Thanks for looking at this problem for me. Maybe make the upgrade instructions a little bit more explicit to help others in the future?

Best regards.

I don’t know why it happened like that. The way I always do an upgrade is:

1. Back up the DB and create a copy of existing files on my server (always and just in case)
  2. Download the ZIP file from Dolibarr.org
  3. Upload it to my server where is main Dolibarr folder
  4. Unzip the file
  5. Enter the unzipped folder, select all files and copy them
  6. Enter the main Dolibarr folder of my current installation and paste there the copied files
  7. Run the upgrade htdocs/install
    And it always works without issues.

Good morning,

i have this same problem. We cant update to version7.

What is wrong?