How to install Dolibarr on Web server

Hello, Can help me. How to install and config dolibarr a Live server (hosting server)
Please help me.

2 Likes

Go to: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dolibarr/files/

and scroll down to get the the steps…

1 Like

Thank you for your help.
But i have some question:

1. How to Copy directory - with ftp or direct upload
  2. How to Create an empty file “htdocs/conf/conf.php” etc

Hi Shadiq.

1. You can do a direct upload or use a FileZilla or any other software like that to upload the zip file.
  2. You don’t need to do that so once the files are on your server just run the install /htdocs/install
1 Like

but , https://sourceforge.net/projects/dolibarr/files/
here, Create an empty file “htdocs/conf/conf.php” and set permissions for your web server user (write permissions will be removed once install is finished)

I don’t know why is like that but I think it is an old instruction as I never had to create the conf.php file. When I do a fresh install then firstly I create a new database and upload the zip file to my server and unzip it. The first step then is to change the name of the folder from e.g. “Dolibarr 6.0.6” to whatever e.g. just “dolibarr”. Just so I can access the install page easily via the link www.myservername.com/dolibarr/htdocs/install (note that www.myservername.com need to be changed to your domain name)
Fill in all the necessary fields and the conf.php file will create itself.

1 Like

Hi, I do follow your step. but browser show…
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Hi Shadiq,

I am not sure that we had the same problem, but

I named my username: root
password, something of my choice

and after that I cheched on the box below, “…to create a user/or something etc…”

again “root” and “pass”

and I got through…

Step 1: Install Apache2 HTTP Server on Ubuntu.
Step 2: Install MariaDB Database Server.
Step 3: Install PHP 7.1 and Related Modules.
Step 3: Restart Apache2.
Step 4: Create Dolibarr Database.
Step 5: Download Dolibarr Latest Release.
Step 6: Configure Apache2.

Admin
Apps4rent

Hello
for the moment I have doliwamp which works in localhost.
1- I want to install wampserver without having any repercussions on doliwamp. Forumers say it is possible. I doubt it because apache mysql and php will modify in my opinion the same config as well for doliwamp as wampserver. So we immediately lose the first of the 2 software installed.
2- if point 1 is not feasible. Is it possible to keep doliwamp as is but by modifying its config to make it a dedicated web server. To create web instances (virtualhost as in the www directory of wampserver)
3- if these 2 points are not achievable. I can uninstall doliwamp then install wampserver correctly. But I will need help installing the zip file of dolibarr ERP CRM.
The procedure is as follows
Extract the zip in c: / wamp / www / dolibarr /
Create a virtualhost with the path
C: / wamp / www / dolibarr / htdocs /
Launch dolibarr from the main localhost page of wampserver. Follow the instructions.
But at the stage where you have to enter the name of the database, the username, the password and the super user it blocks.
Access denied for user ‹root› @ 'localhost or similar messages
It’s like the system keeps in memory the old dolibarrmysql database or something that I don’t understand
I believe that if I manage to pass this step, my problem will be solved.
HELP !!!