Cannot update

I have tried to update but on running I get a screen for a full install where everything is greyed out so cannot uncheck the ‘create database’ and before update I got a message telling me that it was ‘unable to connect’

how is this resolved and how do I get Dolibarr working and my information back?

I’m no dolibarr whiz but I have upgraded a couple of times recently and learned a little something…

You want to unpack the archive and you’ll have a directory like ./dolibarr-7.0.3
Go inside that directory and select and copy (cut) everything and paste it into your old dolibarr directory (./dolibarr or whatever) overwriting the old contents. This way your documents and config files will remain but all of the old program files will be overwritten.

If you’re getting a new install screen it sounds like your old config file (./dolibarr/htdocs/conf/conf.php) is not there. Hopefully you didn’t delete it. On my initial attempt to upgrade I made a new ./dolibarr directory and then copied over the config files and documents, which seemed to work, but then I realized that was the wrong way. Good luck. It’s always intimidating for me as a non-expert to try this stuff and worry that everything is going to get screwed up. Of course it’s always recommended to back up your directories and database before upgrading.

-p

Verify your database settings in htdocs/conf/conf.php. Also, don’t forget to temporarily rename documents/install.lock before the installations