How to Install?

I’ve watched a bunch of youtube videos, I read through like 20 pages of posts in this ‘Installation’ forum, I read the documentation, however I still can’t get it working.

I have PostgreSQL already installed so I might as well use it. I haven’t found any info on how to set things up using PostgreSQL.
I have never used PHP, no idea what it is or how to install it. There is no information about how to install it. Do you just unzip and that’s it?
What is Apache? I don’t see it as part of requirements, however when I go to install Dolibarr from DoliWamp, the installer says that it’s going to install it.
DoliWamp makes no sense to me. Although it claims to be a simple installer for windows, I don’t know what it does. It claims to install Apache, MySQL and PHP but the file is 62mb, whereas MySQL is 280mb, PHP is 25mb and Apache, well I don’t know how that fits in to the equation at all. Also, DoliWamp doesn’t seem to want anything to do with PostgreSQL.
Can someone please point in me in the right direction?

MySQL, Apache, PHP all run on servers. If you use DoliWamp, then it needs those components to work on windows - it could be that the files get downloaded during installation.

I dont know anything about PostgresSQL as I use MySQL on a vps linux server. Both are just database types and not actually Dolibarr.

If you’re on a server, then unzip all files and upload the ‘htdocs’ folder to the server and then go to the web page. Dolibarr set up should start and I think it will either create the PostresSQL database tables for you or will ask for the name/password.

Hope that helps.

I don’t think anything gets downloaded during install, everything happens much too quickly.

Although I have very limited experience with databases, I know roughly what they are and they are not Dolibarr. Dolibarr just uses them to create and store tables.

I’m setting everything up for use on one account on my main PC. So I guess my PC is my server. I have unzipped them but there’s very little that I can figure out as to what to do with them. After installing Dolibarr using DoliWamp, it starts up my browser, but it says can’t connect.

I think I’m starting to understand this a bit better.

After installing DoliWamp you’re supposed to open it and it’s supposed to take you to the browser with the display page as per attchment 1.
However, what I see is as per attachement 2.
Therefore I can’t get to the installation page as you described. I saw what page is meant to open next and then yes you can set up PostgreSQL etc, but yer, not getting to that page.

Pièces jointes :

Ah, I’m in!

I didn’t have MySQL installed. I installed some random utility for it thinking that was it.

Now that I have MySQL installed, Dolibarr installation window opened in the browser.

1 step forward.