backup seems to failed...

Hello,
Our association is working with Dolibarr since 2015 and no upgrade was made , we have a version 3.8.
Our server was upgrade and the PhP version is now 7.2.8, lot of issue appeared !
So we decide to make the updage to dolibarr version 5.0.6.
Before we try to make a backup of database, but it seems to fail.
http://www.dolibarr.transmettreensembleleportage.fr/admin/tools/export.php
There are 2 errors, maybe 10000 times… in a loop, it is just a warning, but I am not sure the backup will be good due to this… :unhappy:

Warning: fgets() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/transme1/dolibarr/htdocs/admin/tools/export.php on line 201

Warning: fgets() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/transme1/dolibarr/htdocs/admin/tools/export.php on line 203

If somebody could help us, also there is no backup in the history (it is not a surprise, no body think to do this :ohmy: …, but now we will :laugh: )

Thank you
Best Regards,
Alice

Hello, if you are on v3.8 already, then I would do it like this:

v3.8 > v4 > v5 > (v6) > (v7) > (v8)

It will take longer updating through each major version until your final one but more importantly the database upgrades will be consistent.

Backup is usually done through Home > Admin Tools > Backup but as you are on such an older version, you would need to share screenshots for us to help you more.

Another way to backup would be to copy all the tables in the database through PHPMyAdmin or similar on the server side.

Thank you for your quick answer !
I found how to do the backup but expot didn’t successed.
I made some screen before I click on [Backup/Sauvegarde] Button, but the file is only 14o and lot of errors/warning (see up) are generated.
I will have a look to phpMyAdmin, It will be easier I think, and respect the way of intermediate upgrade you give me.
Thank you again,

Dear aliLu,

it seems that you are a french speaker, so you can post on the french forum : https://www.dolibarr.fr/forum

Doli 3.8 does not support php 7.2 so it is most probably the reason why backup fails.

To do a manual backup you ,need :

1. to backup the database with phpmyadmin or mysqldump in shell
  2. to save the Document directory

@+

2 Likes

If you have access to a shell on the server a command would be:
mysqldump -u root -pyourpassword dolibarr > dolibarr_backup.sql
where dolibarr is the database name.

2 Likes

yes i should do a manual backup vy phpMyAdmin.
Perhaps I change the phpVersion, but the backup didn’t succeded… manual will be the answer !
Thank you for all