Installation SQL user creation error

Hi, completely new.

I’ve just been trying to install Dolibarr on a debian LAMP VM.
Installation seems to fail when it tries to create the Dolibarr MySQL User.

It shows “creation user error:0”

then database creation failed.

I’ve checked the root password for mysql is correct and logged into mysql as root using that password.
I have apache2 and php7 installed.

I’ve googled and read the installation docs but I’m not sure which way to look. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Hi Rhino,
Which way do you use for the installation?
Is php7 enabled in apache2?

Thankyou for replying

I ran a2enmod php7.0 to check and it said module already enabled.

To install I have downloaded dolibarr_8.0.1-4_all.deb from the website and installed it through dpkg.

I go to doliibar/install - the prerequisites check shows all green ticks and I clicked start for fresh install.
On the next page i leave everything as default, but clear the box for the port, enter a password for the database user and enter the root password.

When I click next, it says it has saved the values, reload config information with green tick. Then error for “creation user”

Can you post a screenshot please?

Hello,
Do you have phpmyadmin ? Can you access to Mysql with the root/password you tried?
It seems to me that there is a problem with database access.

1 Like

Screenshot attached

I’m having trouble with phpmyadmin, I cant log in as root. I’ve not used it before
I just read somewhere that mysql 5.7 introduced new security and needs a sudo command to log in as root
which might explain why i can log in to mysql from root terminal but dolibarr and now phpmyadmin cannot.

I think for phpmyadmin I can log in as another user with authority, but the user on the dolibarr install screen is greyed out and set as root.

Pièces jointes :

Hi Rhino

I think the problem is on your server side. You should be able to login using phpMyAdmin or similar to access the database. Check with your hosting company.

Also, another option, if/once you get access to MySQL (through phpMyAdmin or similar) would be to create the (database)+(database user) yourself and then go through setup again without checking the ‘create database’ option. Dolibarr should only then create the tables within the database once it has had the access.

Ultimately, you need to check with your server hosting company on why MySQL cannot be accessed.

Do let us know if you find a solution.