Move dolibarr from local server to a host

Hi,

I am strugling moving my dolibarr from my local machine to a free host provider.

I am running dolibarr 7.0. I have uploaded the htdocs to the remote server, uploaded also the dolibarr_documents too. imported the database into the host…now don’t know how to get it working. searched through the net but could not find enough informtion.

Please help . thanks.

boulbul

Hello

You would need to speak to your host. What domain is dolibarr hosted on? If you managed to import your database into the host then you should be able to get to dolibarr the same way, unless you never used the web installer.

Either way, your web host needs to tell you how to access dolibarr if they are hosting it for you.

Hi, and thanks for getting back to me.

I am hosting it on 000webhosting…it is free…I am just learning and know what the risks are.

I have exported the databse from my local server and imported it onto 000webhost. Thank I took the htdocs and dolibar_document folder uploaded it onto the public_html folder.
of the host. don’t know where to go from here?

Thank you in advance.

Boulbul

What is the web url you use to access 000webhosting?

so it should be something like: www.000webhosting.com/htdocs

Aljawaid,

Thank you…I have removed everything from the site…it looks like the upload was corrupted.

If you have a guide to follow I will apreicate it.

Thanks.

Boulbul

Hi,
I would not recommend free hosts as they have limitations and wont work with Dolibarr. For example 000webhost has a mysql db limitation it only can support upto 150 tables and Dolibarr has much more table than that. You will have to used a paid host.
To use that host you first have to create a database then use those parameters to install Dolibarr

Thank you for the advice.

Boulbul