Installing Dolibarr on Windows Plesk Hosting

Hello,

I am currently evaluating Dolibarr. I have successfully tested the application on my localhost and it is working awesome. Now, I am installing it on my Windows Plesk Hosting. However, I am getting the following error message:

"Failed to include_once(“G:\PleskVhosts\teknosyssolutions.com\hrms.teknosyssolutions.com/core/db/mysql.class.php”)
You may have typed a wrong value for parameter ‘Directory where web pages are stored’.
Go backward and correct wrong parameters. "

On the Installation page before this error, the Web Server section contains some fields, but all these fields are disabled. I tried to set up the “$force_install_noedit” variable to 1 to enable the parameters, but only DB parameters are enabled.

How I can properly set the web server parameters?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Charudatta M.

mysql driver is not supported anymore from dolibarr 5+

You need to use $dolibarr_main_db_type=‘mysqli’;

1 Like

Thank you for the answer, but the problem was due to doliwamp package that I was installing. This package has all predefined settings and cannot be changed.

I have now used only dolibar package and now the installation proceeded to step 2. However, now step 2 has started giving “Parameter action=set not defined” error message. I don’t understand why this application is so complicated and not user-friendly. The error messages do not give any clue where to find the error.

Sorry, never used doliwamp on plesk hosting.

For the error message, this is a debug message when you enter step2.php url directly in address bar without any GET or POST.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the reply. Yes, the message appears when I refresh the URL. But, how can I resolve the step2.php error? The other Step4.php and step5.php working correctly and now the application is partially installed. In the main setup, I am unable to upload the modules. I think that step2.php has something that is restricting me to upload the modules. Any help on that?

Hi,

I think the step2 error that you got has anything related to the php modules on windows OS, maybe your host is missing something, just a guess.

You should migrate to a linux server, it’s easier to deploy, cheaper and you have more information on the internet.

Hi

I have just done installation on Ubuntu Plesk, i have encountered this error "Failed to include_once(“G:\PleskVhosts\teknosyssolutions.com\hrms.teknosyssolutions.com/core/db/mysql.class.php”) and solved through permissions;
The owner of Dolbarr folder has given to wwwadmin , you need to add the group of the www-data (web users).

sudo chown -R wwwadmin:www-data /var/www/vhosts/[domain]/httpdocs/[dolibar direcory]/