Installation help Dolibarr 9.0.0-4

Hi there,

I’m impressed with dolibarr capabilities and would like to test it / use it on a PC running Ubuntu 18.04.
Windows is my daily OS and i don’t have too much experience with Ubuntu.

So far i have a PC running Ubuntu 18.04 (freshly installed).
After I’m installing dolibarr_9.0.0-4_all.deb from Dolibarr ERP - CRM - Browse /Dolibarr installer for Debian-Ubuntu (DoliDeb)/9.0.0 at SourceForge.net
in the post installation process (http://localhost/dolibarr) i hit some obstacles:

First try:

I left all the settings with the default values, just added the password for user and a password for root - Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ / The database connection failed; the host or superuser parameters must be wrong. / Go back and check/correct the parameters.

I’ve restarted the PC …

Second try:

One more time used the default settings and added a new password for the user and a new password root - same result as above;

Third try:

I left all the default settings, choose a password for dolibarrdebian and left the root password blank - same result as above

Fourth try:

All the default settings, but left blank the dolibarrdebian password and left the root password blank as well - same result as above

My questions are:

What is the root password? (I just installed Ubuntu and never used root to login or change the password for it)
What settings should i change to make it work?

Thank you,
Drg

Pièces jointes :

Make sure your Mysql server is running along with apache.

access phpmyadmin page. eg. localhost\phpmyadmin
If you are in means root password is blank

create new database for dolibarr

Start install process again for dolibarr.

I am sure that you are using MariaDB, as DB engine. There is no root user in DB, so, what you should do is the following.
Access to mysql via sudo.
Create the database for Dolibarr, as usual.
Create the user for manage the dolibarr database and grant him all priviledges.
Try again the installation, but uncheck the options to create database and user, so you do not need to give root account details.
Hopefully, be happy.