Installation - dolibarr 9.0.0-4 on Ubuntu 18.04

Hi there,

After installing dolibarr_9.0.0-4_all.deb from Dolibarr ERP - CRM - Browse /Dolibarr installer for Debian-Ubuntu (DoliDeb)/9.0.0 at SourceForge.net
on a PC running Ubuntu 18.04, it seems i can’t pass the post installation setup (http://localhost/dolibarr). Please see the pictures attached.

When trying to setup a user I’m getting the message " Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ " …

I was trying with the default settings and the only things added were the passwords (I’ve tried with root and blank password as well - same result).

The OS (Ubuntu 18.04) has just been installed fresh and the root user is inactive.

What is the root password for dolibarr?
What other steps do I need to do besides what already did?

Windows is my daily OS and i have limited experience with Ubuntu / Linux.

I am grateful for any help!

Thank you,
Drg

Pièces jointes :

The filenames of the pictures should NOT contain spaces. Use .png or .jpg.

Pls. try again to post your screenshots.

Hi,

Have your tried admin/admin ?

try this on your ubuntu installation it was what i did for it to work see odt file

Pièces jointes :

2 Likes

Peter A. Gebhardt,
thank you for the reply!

But what’s wrong with the pictures more exact?

The file names on my PC are “1.png” and “2.png”
When the pictures are uploaded to the forum, the names are automatically changed to “1_2019-02-26.png” and “2_2019-02-26.png”

Many thanks nemprinter,

Your method worked in my case, although i already tried something similar described here:

1 Like

I’ve had the exact same problem with the Deb installer - it doesn’t appear to work correctly. Something to do with permissions I think?

Hello,

The usual problem is that you need first to install a working LAMP and then Dolideb

Check the companion documentation of your database. I am sure that you are using MariaDB.It does not use any root account. You should run mysql via sudo, then create the database and user for dolibarr and try again, unchecking the boxes for db an user creation.