Updating problems

Hello,

I’ve tried to follow the procedure to update from version 9.0.1 to 9.0.4 but like any other updates I end up having to re-install Dolibarr. I must be doing something wrong but I really don’t know where.
If somebody could take some time to explain what’s going wrong, i’d be thankful. Since version 7 I fail to update and its very frustrating because i only test Dolibarr with the fear of losing everything entered.

Thank you for reading this post.

Pa.

what system and so are you using?

what is, exactly, your process to upgrade ?

Hello,

I’m using MacOs Mojave version 10.14.5

Hello,

To upgrade I follow the instructions given in the Update menu (admin tools). Which mentions extracting the archive inside the htdocs folder of the previous version, remove the “Install.lock” file and proceed to Install. To test it i tried to update using the same version as the current one 9.0.1 to see if the procedure would function. Everything went fine updating 9.0.1 with itself. Then I replaced all the folders of 9.0.1 with those present in 9.0.4 and nothing went right. As a result I can’t log in because of this message " Table ‘dolibarr.llx_user’ doesn’t exist ". Probably because the folder User has been replaced (I’ve checked all folders before installing the update and they seemed empty).
I also did a backup before Installing.
I`m not very skilled but I’m usually able to cope with updates. Here I see my limits.

Thank you both for your fast replies.