Dolibarr conflicts with another software

Hi,

Dolibarr conflicts with another software in my system that is based on MysQL. That software Genius TDS software.

Genius stopped working and when I took the help of their customer support and sorted it out, Dolibarr stopped working.

I would like to know if I can do something to install Dolibarr in a system without conflicting with other ones.

Your reply will help me a lot.

Regards,
Sai

Hi,

This is very strange… Normaly there is no relation between the two except the server where it is installed.
If you would like some helps, we needs technical details :
- What kind of server
- How is Dolibarr installed and the other software ?
- DOlibarr version ?
- What does Genius customer support has done ?
- When you say "stopped working " we need more details, like error shown, etc…

1 Like

Hi Ksar,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I’m not a techie.

It is installed in local machine and no server version. It is the Dolibarr 9.

I’m sorry if my reply is kind of dumb. I couldn’t give you more details as I’m not techie.

Regards,
Sai

Hi,

Then, we will not be able to help on the forum.
You should contact a partener of your country : https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/List_of_Dolibarr_partners_and_providers

The Genius people should have told you what the problem was.
If they both use mysql and they conflict, they must be using the same database AND tables with the same name. That is very, very unlikely but can be verified by using phpmyadimin to see the databases in use on your local machine.

1 Like

i guess it should be the port used by the application server; you should run doliwamp server on a 8080 port for instance. (sorry if my answer is not fully understandable for not techies)