Bad Plugins uninstall from Dolibarr (Owntheme)

Good evening guys, and thanks for this amazing community to support such a nice product dolibarr is !

So, I was running a very nice installation of dolibarr, and it helped tremendously as being a start-up, I wouldn’t have spare money to pay for having a similar system.

Eventually, I wanted to upgrade, to have access to it from my cellphone, and was trying to look for solutions.

I tumbled accross Owntheme, that looked promising, and looked like exactly what I needed, having different layout for phone, tablet and computer was just awesome !

That was on paper (or screen actually), I unfortunately purchased it, and installed it, and now : It’s my worst nightmare. No support from the editor of that horrible plugin, not even a contact info handy nowhere.

I spent 144 euros for something that actually made my life worse ! (I can’t believe I was so stupid…)

Now, on what it does :

- the side user window is swollen up to a huge 600 x 400 pixels. By the way, everything that is behind it is non-clickable, so the first lines of your invoices list can’t be selected.
- When I try to disable the plugin from the admin panel, it totally renders the all website in text mode, which is super un-usable !
- when I leave it active, but try to select another theme, it defaults back to the Owntheme one, no matter what I try to do.
- My login screen is in text mode basically, and doesn’t look very appealing.
- I’m running different comanies from that system, and each companies have a different symptoms, all of them being super bad !

So my question is : Can i completely and for good remove that plugin manually from dolibarr, so that dolibarr is not even looking for it anymore ???

I did a bad decision, and trusted an app I shouldn’t have trusted… I’ll take this as a lesson !!

For future readers : Do not get this bad plugin… For Dolistore : Please implement a review system for the app that are for sale on your store, that would help users evaluating their needs, and sellers standing by their products…

Thanks all for reading and helping !

Hello,
Owntheme being a module can’t it be disabled from Home-> setup->Module/Application setup?
Then you can change back the theme to eldy from Home->Setup->Display

You forgot the most important and most basic rule:
Never EVER install anything on your PRODUCTION server that you have not tested extensively on your DEVELOPMENT server first.
Your ERP is the core of your business, “trying things out” on a working system is just insane.

If you try to contact the author of the module to solve the trouble and did get not answer, just send the copy of the email to
dolistore@dolibarr.org
So the dolibarr foundation team will be able to lock the module on dolistore. And if you can prove you try to contact the author without successful answer, you may get a refund.

To disable a theme, you can try delete the directory into theme/themodule. But here, it seems it is not a theme but a complete module.
So for a module, you must go on setup - modules and disable the module before removing any files (disabling module should be enough). Do this on each company
If you can’t have access to the page to disable module, yuo can try to call this url:
http://your_dolibarr/admin/modules.php?action=reset&value=modOwnTheme&confirm=yes

Then refresh the cache of your browser.

Good morning all, and thanks a lot for your answers.

Yes, I did that rookie mistake of applying this plugin on my live system, I do not have a test system as everything is kinda new to me, and did an obvious mistake, I take that blame, and got the lesson learned !

As far as disabling the plugin, I did so : It then breaks the UI, and by zooming out and going into display, I tried to switch back to “eldy” theme, but it goes back to the owntheme theme when I try to save changes, even though the plugin is and stayed disabled.

I then, like mentioned earlier tried to delete all owntheme from my root folder, and themes, but the plugin stills shows, and I can’t select any of the Eldy or Md theme as defaults.

Note that this does happen only for one of the entity (read company, in the multi-company plugin) as I could succesfully change default theme on the other one.

I also tried to force the theme on the user tab, per users, but that particular company always is forced to use the disabled owntheme and then shows a broken text UI.

I will do as instructed to contact dolistore, I appreciate all your help!

Thanks!

Did you try to run
http://your_dolibarr/admin/modules.php?action=reset&value=modOwnTheme&confirm=yes
on EACH copany ?