6.0.0-Alpha Email problem

I just upgrade the stable version to 6.0.0-Alpha and I found the Email sending function no longer works.

I tested both office 365 and Gmail.

Error message for office 365
Failed to send mail (sender=xx , receiver=xx,)
Error [120]: Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid domain name Error [126]: ‘tls://smtp.office365.com’ does not support authenticated connections.

Error message for Gmail
Failed to send mail (sender=xx , receiver=xx,)
Error [120]: Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 501 5.5.4 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=helo r8sm18904374pfk.80 - gsmtp Error [126]: ‘tls://smtp.gmail.com’ does not support authenticated connections.

I noticed that the new email function use " name <name@mail.com>" as the sender but not the “name@mail.com” before. This maybe the problem of sending email.

I also find that in mail sending function for proposal, order and invoice, the “to” or “cc” can only be chosen from pre-defined emails of supplier or customer. However, we need to cc our company staffs as well.

What was the previous version you used ? 5.0 or 4.0 ?

With version 6.0, you should be able to send to and cc to both the combo list (with several different values) or your own type value (or both). Can you test with latest and provide a screenshot if you still experience problem.

Can you also provide a screenshot of the setup page of email ?
Do you want to use TLS (SSL) or TLS (STARTTLS)

Try to clear you browser cache.

Hi Eldy,

I just setup dolibarr and want to send e-mail by using SMTP O365.
ity
I receive exactly the same error as mentioned above.

Is there a way to resolve this issue? Server connectivy = OK but sending e-mail isn’t possible.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Thomas

Hi,

The issue was solved by using a different method to send email -> the Swift Mailer Socket Library. Attached is a picture of a working setup.

Best regards,

Thomas

Pièces jointes :

2 Likes