Unstable layout setting

Hi,
After updating my 3.8.4 Dolibarr to 3.9 I am unable to stably change the screen layout. I can select “eldy” in the settings menue and the display is changed to eldy - but only in the settings menue. As soon as I switch to a different menue the entire layout is “amarok” again with a faulty upper right corner (missing button graphics an a far too big user picture).
Any idea out there how this can be changed?
Thx in advance!
Regards, virtilia

Screenshot.png

Clear caches & cookies.

Best regards

I cleared the cache and the corresponding cookies as far as my browser (Safari) is concerned. I also removed all temporary files in Dolibarr using the system tools feature. Still no change - problem remains…

virtilia,

thanks for bringing this up! Something is “shaky” here:

I’m on 3.9.0 - updated from 3.8.2 by fresh install of 3.9.0 and using a phpMyAdmin copy of the 3.8.2 database which got updated during first call to 3.9.0
mySQL database uses myISAM because innoDB is not available/useful on the NAS I’m using as server.
Theme is “eldy” too.

I’ve tested to include a picture for the Admin user and ran into another (additional?) problem.

1. Login as Admin
  2. Modify Admin user
  3. Upload Admin picture (here: JPEG with 18K)
  4. Save
  5. Reload User page -> Small picture appers in top menu bar correctly sized.
  6. Logout
  7. Login again -> FAILED: Wrong Password

Had to request new password. Login with new password possible again.

Deleted Admin picture and logged out.

Same problem again. Needed “Resend Passwort”.

Best regards

@virtilia : amarok theme is no more supported neither present in 3.9 packages
@casati: i think you should open a new thread for this new problem

Altatof,

he is using “eldy”.

Best regards

Thanks for your elaboration on this issue, casati!
@altatof: I want to use eldy, but that is impossible - amarok turns up after the first click on either the menue bar or any of the left tabs, no matter what “skin” I chose and saved before.
I updated my 3.8.4 installation that worked fine by uploading the entire set of folders and files into the existing installation by FTP (binary) overwriting the existing files. I was then prresented with the update screen where all steps were ticked off correctly.
The new 3.9 installation appears to work correctly with the exception of the corrupted menue bar. When logging in, the first upcoming screen shows the correct menue bar (eldy skin), all following screens have the corrupted amarok skin.
@casati: I also tried to reproduce your procedure by uploading a new smaller user image - worked fine. However, no need to request a new password. When I remove the user image I get a far too big avatar that covers part of my screen…

screen1.png

screen2.png

screen3.png

I got the same issues with almos all the themes only eldy and md works well for me.

I finally solved the issue!
I had to move several applications - among them my Dolibarr installation - to a managed server since the available RAM size had become insufficient.
Therefore, I exported the Dolibarr MySQL database and had a closer look at the dump with TextWrangler (a great free editor tool!). I found the following lines int the data set of table llx_user_param:

INSERT INTO llx_user_param (fk_user, entity, param, value) VALUES
(2, 1, ‘MAIN_BOXES_0’, ‘1’),
(2, 1, ‘MAIN_THEME’, ‘amarok’),
(9, 1, ‘MAIN_THEME’, ‘amarok’);

Why the hack did it contain “amarok” instead of “eldy” which I had chosen as my theme? Amarok is no longer part of Dolibarr 3.9.1 so this is apparently a strange fault in the database.
After replacing “amarok” with “eldy”, saving the dump file and importing it into the previously emptied database everything is now perfect and I have a clean “eldy” theme.

2 Likes

Hello virtilia,

Thank you for sharing this information!
I have the multicompany module installed and Dolibarr looked different on different enviroments. But after I stumbleupon this thread and saw your post I wanted to see if the same thing happens in my database. So I checked and the same thing was happening. I changed the values to “eldy” and now all my enviroments have the same look. Thanks again for sharing!

Hi,

Is it possible to share Projects and Accounting features between entities in the multicompany module. I could not find that working. Could you please tell ?

Thank You