DOLIBARR ENVIRONMENT
- Version: [9.0.2]
- Operating System: [Windows 7 Pro]
- Web Server: [Apache 2.4.27]
- PHP: [PHP 5.6.31]
- Database: [MYSQL 5.7.19]
- URL(s): [htdocs/societe/index.php?mainmenu=companies&leftmenu=]

Hello

After importing third parties from CSV file (following the procedure and without errors) everything seems to work fine except that when the third parties page is visited the “latest 15 modified third parties” list is never updated, the same third parties are shown all the times also after adding new third parties or modifying existing third parties.

In practice, after adding new third parties or modifying any third party visiting the third parties page one see the same third parties that were shown just after import process, no new parties are shown, no modified parties are shown in the expected chronological order.

How can I fix this?
PS: I guess it is something to be solved in the tables of the DB, but have no clue where to look at and what should be fixed.

I just updated Dolibarr to version 9.0.3.
Got an error notice telling this: Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in www\docbox902\htdocs\core\modules\modAgenda.class.php on line 421 dolibarr

Nothing changed for what is concerned this issue of the latest 15 third parties modified
By the way, also in the home dashboard [/htdocs/index.php?mainmenu=home&leftmenu=home] in the widgets showing the latest 5 modified third parties clients and potential clients always the same entries are shown.

Thank you
Kind regards
Jim

hi, would like to share your csv template that you used to import thirdparty? as i am try to do same end up having lots of errors and warnings related to format.
Thanks.

Hi
I am sorry, for obvious reasons I cannot share the actual CSV, at best I can show a bogus line of it.

Example_of_import_file_societe_BOGUS.csv.txt (677 Bytes)

As CSV export filter I used ; as field separator, " as string delimiter, unicode UTF-8

The CSV itself seems to be not the major problem, the problem for me was much the scarcity of information on how to create the CSV, I had to empirically find out/guess many things. Would be nice to have an updated detailed guide on how to create a proper CSV file and then what to do exactly do in order to have the columns filled properly where one does not have real data.

E.g., afterwards watching the DB , I noticed that all the NULL values are wrong as inserted as actual text data and not as actual NULL as Mysql want to see it, that meanwhile leaving the cells empty did not work, the importer required in many columns that some data is present.
I have seen that observing the NULL that creates Dolibarr using the front end forms, those are actual NULL, while the NULL imported from CSV are alike text data.
Therefore, how to have real NULL in the DB after import?

In order to not have errors I had to work quite some on the sample CSV given by Dolibarr, I do not remember now all the adjustments I had to do on the file, but in general it was a matter of reading the kind of errors given by Dolibarr after the “import simulation” operation and fill the columns indicated each time with proper data or leave it empty.

Finally also I had to avoid to import an amount of columns leaving Dolibarr filling it automatically, that is done by moving the fields in the the “no import” area in the bottom and put the “do not import” tag in the corresponding field in the upper part of the form.

It is quite tricky to import data, however I reached to import without errors the third parties, products and supplier prices.

When importing the products I had to take care to use the dot instead of the comma for the prices, all numbers as far as I could see should be set as text to be recognized.
So far I was quite happy that the importer declared that there were no errors and then to effectively verify that everything seems to work fine enough except this latest 15 third parties modified not being updated.

I wish the mass importer would be refined in Dolibarr, is extremely important to allow easy migration from other ERPs (and therefore to help the diffusion of Dolibarr), as it is done now is hard for non experts as me (and in my opinion very hard for end users).

The alternative to import data with other ways is even harder and tricky for non experts (eg. using phpmyadimn or using the MySQL query), a good knowledge about databases in general and of the Dolibarr database is necessary.

It is sort of odd to have that function stuck showing the same third parties all the times despite inserting new entries and updating existing ones, even tough the system seems to work for all other operations that I did try so far (eg. emitting quoting) the system in this way looks buggy at first glance and there is the fear that because of that mangle other things might not work well later on.

Does anyone know where to look in the DB or elsewhere and what to fix in order to have the latest third parties modified view working?
Thank you
Kind regards

Hello

Nobody knows anything about this issue?
I guess the problem is coming form the import process as I noticed all those NULL inserted as text instead as empty cells (the Dolibarr importer did not spot errors by the way when doing it).
I am going to try to fix this columns, however if anyone expert could give a hint about where to look first at it would be a good help.
Thank you
Cheers

Why Dolibarr does not update the field in which is recorded the timestamp of latest modification of a third party?

Any clue?