[India] TIN (Tax Invoice Number) a must in India

In India all companies must have a TIN number to do business and all Quotations/Orders/Invoices should show the TIN numbers of both Sending Company and Receiving Company.

http://tin.nsdl.com/

In order to satisfy this requirement, we will need one more field in the Company Setup and one more field to save the TIN of each new Third Party added.

This has to be added below the address in the PDF Documents too.

Hope the implementation of this helps users of countries using TIN

Dolibarr allows to define 4 fields for this. You will find them in Setup - company. They are called Prof Id 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Value of fields depends on country. For india, the label of this fields was not defined yet.
I changed labels to say that identification number for india companie are
Id prof 1 = TIN
2,3,4 are not yet used, but if there is other numbers/code you must use to declare a company and you must see in invoice/order…, tell me i will change labels.

If you want to have prof ids visible on PDF, you must add the constant
MAIN_PROFIDx_IN_ADDRESS=1 in setup - other (where x is prof id numero). With a recent version of Dolibarr, you can set this parameter from page Home - Setup - PDF.

1 Like

So now for the TIN and the Quotation Labels we just need to set the Language en_IN Right??

Right.

How did you set that ???
TIN and Quotation Labels in en_IN
I am new in dolibarr…
thank you

Update: TIn has been Replaced with GST no. Infact all companies are defined with a GST no. All Tax forms are related to GST no.

@eldy yes your solution perfectly works