What happened with Magento 2?

Hello. I spent a decent amount of time looking for an open source ERP software. I like Dolibarr thus far, it is a well constructed program.

Before finding Dolibarr, we had already chosen software for an e-commerce site, Magento 2. It was chosen because it was the most popular e-commerce program around. It seems to have a lot of issues.

I noticed Dolibarr and several other ERP programs kinds of gave up on linking to Magento 2. There are quite a few that link it to Magento 1.9.x

Is it worth purchasing a module to connect to Dolibarr? I can see purchasing a module to get Dolibarr to connect with Magento 2, but it seems like versions keep changing so much that the connection will end up broken in short order.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated. Thanks, Jonathan

If you don’t migrate Magento 1 to 2 after June ‘20, you’re on your own with anything your website may require. Official support is ending, so don’t expect any more official patches or security updates.

we must contact the developers of these modules, by default Dolibarr does not integrate this type of synchronization

I worked on a connector for Magento 1.9
When I tried to migrate it for magento 2, it appears that magento 2 was unstable, very buggied. Even installation is a pain. The product has just become an awful software.
There is also a lot of not compatible changes all the time done by Magento team.
So i finally decided to abandon Magento completely and recommand instead Prestashop or WooCommerce.
May be other companies will suggest a Magento 2 connector, but as i am concerned i will no more invest more time on Magento.

2 Likes

Hey Eldy, thanks for the update. I agree Magento 2 has a lot of issues. This is about 1.5 years after the site has been built, it is nothing but problems - specifically when trying to do updates. Makes sense why you gave up on it, it is not real clear what the future of our site is.

I really like Dolibarr though and have intentions of promoting it to small business. It is a program that has a lot of thought into it and maintained by people who care. Thanks.

Magento e-commerce solutions will soon only include two tiers of software: Community and Enterprise. The decision was made by the Magento team that the focus for the future will be placed on these older and more established platforms. Unfortunately, Magento Go was the primary program tailored to small-scale retailers: Community and Enterprise are designed more for larger online sellers.

The good news is this: Magento is partnering with Bigcommerce to migrate users over during the shutdown period of Magento Go, and Bigcommerce is ready to help with any transitioning questions or concerns coming from affected users.